Currently looking for a new guitar after having an epiphone les paul custom for 3 years, looking for an upgrade. currently looking at these choices, they are similar price in AUD so please give some suggestions. I played all 3 and liked them so could not make a choice. So help me :dude
My priorities are tone and looks

I play usually hard rock music (alterbridge, GNR), brits (radiohead muse etc) and lots of blues (gary moore, SRV, zeps and hendrix)
the choices i have are

-Gibson Slash les paul goldtop - 3000 AUD new
-PRS custom 24 tremolo - 2600 AUD used
-Gibson 1958 vos plaintop -3250 AUD
-others

Is there any other recommendations? I want to spend 3200 AUD max if possible. Thanks for the help guys. Rock on!!
I would go for the prs,I dunno nowadays prs makes slightly better (pricier) guitars then gibson.So A used prs would be great.

Just my vision of things
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
PRS for me! It'll be a lot more versitile and looks frankly stunning.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
It's not one of your current choices but a PRS Cus 22 would be great for you. That or a McCarty II. I'm not really a Gibson fan so I vote PRSi over them in this case. If your looking to keep the LP shape have you checked out PRS' SC guitars? A SC 245 may also be perfect for you if you want to go that route look and feel wise.
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
I would say the gibson man, I mean prs are great guitars and everything, but nothin feels like a gibson. And I really wouldn't go for the slash model, I mean, really just grab a guitar and craft your own music, don't just buy a guitar for the name that's on it, whether it be the manufacturer's name, or an artist's name. Definitely try these out in person before buying one though.
Founder of the C.F. Martin & Co. Guitar Owners club.
YOU........should join if you have a Martin.....!!!!
JOIN

My Band: Abaton

Abaton

Check out some of the acoustic stuff on my profile if you want
id go for the R8 if the money isnt an issue

but the PRS is more bang for your buck
PRS Custom 22
Fender American Stratocaster
Fender Road Worn Telecaster
Fairclough Sky Accoustic

Laney VC15-110
Roland MicroCube
PRS, i own one, and LOVE it. I would never dream of trading and they're such high quality.

Mmmmmm....*PRS Pleasure*
PRS all the way. But I think a Custom 22 would suit you better than a 24. Or a SC or Modern Eagle (the old ones, I still haven't tried the new ones).
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby