I've created a "band" page here: http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/scaleome_proj/

There's a couple of Blog Entries there going into more detail.

What I've decided to do is, like the "Human Genome Project" which maps out DNA
into more meaningful subunits, is create some "maps" for scales. Basically I've
cataloged all the ways I've practiced scales (at least as much as I can remember
right now -- see blog for list).

The format of the process is I'm going to go through my list and record examples of
practicing various concepts, record a brief example of the concept used in a context (ie over a ii-V-I progression), and writeup a brief description of what the concept is
particularly good for in terms technique and usage (in the comment section for the
track). I'll try and get at least 1 per week out. More or less as time permits.

I'm starting with the basic scale intervals and I've kicked it off with "4ths".
The near term order will likely be: "5ths", "6ths", "7ths". Then perhaps the
most important two: "2nds" and "3rds". From there, "3rds" will probably be a
nice segue into "arpeggios"...

Perhaps, I'll use this thread to announce new entries, but I think you can just
subscribe to the "band"? I'm not sure how that works....
Heeelllllls yeahhuhh

Keep going my brother.

RESPECT
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
oh word.
Quote by TGautier13
Because e-cred on a sub-par 4Chan knockoff forum is what everyone strives to achieve.
We believe - so we're misled
We assume - so we're played
We confide - so we're deceived
We trust - so we're betrayed
Another one added. Here's the info repeated:

ScaleOme 8: "Sweep-Flick" Arpeggios

This study builds off of the last one (arpeggio triads in root inversion). It's primarily a MOVEMENT study. We take the 3 string arpeggio as a sweep and then tack on or prepend a note. This leads to a basic 2-part motion where 1 part is the sweep, and the 2nd part is a single note pick. The sweep is picked in 1 direction and the single note in the opposite. "sweep-flick" seemed like a good way of both naming and describing the motion all in one. A tacked on note is a sweep-flick, a prepended note is a flick-sweep and both is a flick-sweep-flick. As movements go, this is a nice to one to learn. We'll build on it later with other arpeggios and arpeggio-scales. It will help you with the skill of going right from a sweep to picking or vice-versa without breaking step (although it's nice in its own right).

Since this is a root inversion triad (1-3-5) the added note is going to the the 7th. I'll be covering 7th arpeggios in other studies in more detail. It's good to know it's a 7th, but other inversions of triads add different degrees. However, what I'm trying to point out is the movement, rather than the content.

The examples go up and down the neck (diatonically) and across (in 4ths) as the last study. Additionally, I'll play around with some forward-reverse repeating patterns which can give you a nice quick blur of notes.

These are also great accuracy studies especially for the 7th stretch as you're going up the neck (as you can hear on the examples I could use more work on this too! ). So go slow at first. The first several examples are played at a relatively sedate triplets at 80 BPM. Go slower if needed.

Examples:

The first 10 are played as triplets pretty slowly.

1) sweep-flick up the neck diatonically
2) reverse sweep-flick up neck diatonically
3) flick-sweep up the neck diatonically
4) reverse flick-sweep up the neck diatonically
5) sweep-flick across neck in 4ths
6) reverse sweep-flick in 4ths
7) flick-sweep in 4ths
8) reverse flick-sweep flick in 4ths
9) flick-sweep-flick diatonic
10) reverse flick-sweep-flick diatonic
11) A few minutes random permutations (faster examples)
12) ii-V-I solo