but if i need to go a little more
i will
anyway
my amp is a vox ad50vt
and im just looking for a guitar that has an absolutely brutal tone
death metal stuff like cannibal corpse slayer
but also more modern stuff like bring me the horizon as i lay dying etc
or if you think i would get a better tone
suggest a cheaper guitar and the correct pickups to put in it for that ultra heavy thrash tone
thanks very much
you are probably better off getting a nice high-gain amp and putting a humbucker in the strat

however i have no clue how much 450 quid is in american dollars, but that is just my opinion as i'm not sure how br00tal your vox can go

Look into ESP/LTDs, Jackson, Schecter, Ibanez guitars
Quote by di$TOrTed
you are probably better off getting a nice high-gain amp and putting a humbucker in the strat

however i have no clue how much 450 quid is in american dollars, but that is just my opinion as i'm not sure how br00tal your vox can go

Look into ESP/LTDs, Jackson, Schecter, Ibanez guitars

this,
i personally like Ibanez, and as much as i love As I Lay Dying's music their tone is a bit lacking imo

Seymour Duncan has some good single sized humbuckers for strats
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I agree with him. i'm not sure how much money that is, but yeah, ESP/LTD is the way to go. espguitars.com check out their signature artists and see if you like anybody that plays with them.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Quote by justinb904
this,
i personally like Ibanez, and as much as i love As I Lay Dying's music their tone is a bit lacking imo

They used Washburns and Gibsons on the last album.

There isn't anything wrong for the music, it's fitting for metalcore.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
ESP/LTD are generally considered the best for that.
By the way you grammar is terrible, invest in english lessons before though.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
I agree with him. i'm not sure how much money that is, but yeah, ESP/LTD is the way to go. espguitars.com check out their signature artists and see if you like anybody that plays with them.

ESP makes more signature models than Ibanez, but i have found Ibanez to have a better value and they tend to be better quality guitars.
Quote by CaRveItiNbass
They used Washburns and Gibsons on the last album.

There isn't anything wrong for the music, it's fitting for metalcore.

the tone problem i was referring to was more with the amps they used which were some Kranks i think
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
your guitar will be fine, sound wise, if you get humbuckers (even though it may only fit single coil size humbuckers), maybe even just one for the bridge.

The real problem lies with your amp. the Vox AD50VT is not a br00talz amp. it tries to be, but its not particularly good at it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
IT doesnt REALLY matter what guitar you have, you just need some pedals.

Go try out some pedals ASAP!

I installed a humbucker in my strat, sounds a little more powerful on the 4th & 5th switch setting - but my pedals are so powerful, it really didnt matter what pickup i had.
Last edited by BR0THERALEX at Oct 15, 2008,
Quote by BR0THERALEX
IT doesnt REALLY matter what guitar you have, you just need some pedals.

Go try out some pedals ASAP!

I installed a humbucker in my strat, sounds a little more powerful on the 4th & 5th switch setting - but my pedals are so powerful, it really didnt matter what pickup i had.

not with his current amp. It sounds like shit if you use distortion pedals with it. i know this because i have one/tried it.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Get a Les Paul. Those things weigh what, 20 pounds?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
You won't get the brootals with that Vox, even if you buy the most metal Esp there is.

5150/Fireball/Rectifier/some other high-gain monster first
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball