in one of the episodes form season one. dethklok has a clothing franchise made by some crazy ass skin wearing german guy. any ways, he uses one of their album covers for their measurements , but in real life they were a wee bit thicker than their"airbrushed" album art. hmmm, sound like anyone u know?? what other artists " let themselves go" but have airbrushed album art??
That wasn't in season one.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
kthxbai.

Skwisgaar is meant to be a Malmsteen rip off as well, by the way.

Plus, that was season two.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by CTFOD
kthxbai.

Skwisgaar is meant to be a Malmsteen rip off as well, by the way.

Plus, that was season two.

Clearly more of a Laiho reference.
Don't try engaging me
The vaguest of shrugs
The prescription drugs
You'll never find
A person inside

Quote by saphrax
I agree with This End Up
yeah, he's swedish, blonde, and sweeps. and a total womanizer. he's definitly Laiho (if you trade swedish for finnish).
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Dont think any of them were meant to be someone specific. more of the steorotypical variety if you ask me.

i'd go to a dethklok show before a cob one.
Laiho wants to be like malmsteen.. desperately. he cant hold his jock strap though.
Quote by egangsta
Dont think any of them were meant to be someone specific. more of the steorotypical variety if you ask me.

nah, because nathan is corpsegrinder from cannibal corpse. and murderface is geezer butler. the others aren't so obvious. pickles is supposedly devin townsend from strapping young land, and toki is supposedly frederick thordendal of meshugga.
skwisgaar might be very loosely based around alexi, but he's probably just a stereotypical swedish guitarist
Quote by egangsta

i'd go to a dethklok show before a cob one.
Laiho wants to be like malmsteen.. desperately. he cant hold his jock strap though.

Skwisgaar = Alexi Laiho
Nathan = George Fisher
Toki - Mikael Akerfeldt
Pickles - Devin Townsend
Murderface - Geezer Butler

Edit: Beaten, you get the idea.
RULE BRITANNIA
Skwisgaar is Jeff Loomis! And it was season two.

I'm sure Brendon Small wouldn't model a character after Yngwie, seeing as how Yngwie is the world's greatest douche, and that Brendon was taught by Joe Stump while at Berklee (Stump > Yngwie).
Quote by qstionauthority
nah, because nathan is corpsegrinder from cannibal corpse. and murderface is geezer butler. the others aren't so obvious. pickles is supposedly devin townsend from strapping young land, and toki is supposedly frederick thordendal of meshugga.
skwisgaar might be very loosely based around alexi, but he's probably just a stereotypical swedish guitarist

Toki is supposed to be Mikael Akerfeldt from Opeth.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this. Now I need Cheez-Its.

This was directed to me by the way.
haha
Metalocolypse is awesome. and its totally supposed to be Laiho, doesnt even look/sound like malmsteen. eh whatever.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
everyone but Toki was airbrushed. Because Toki is ****ing ripped.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by Chris.Rock.Art
Skwisgaar is Alexi. He gets the girls.

he gets the grandmothers.
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

I just dont think it's supposed to be laiho, he speaks better english than skwisgaar and 'Skwisgaar' is a lot better than laiho, in my opinion. i think cob suck balls though.

and yah joe stump is a badass. dunno about 'better' than yngwie, he uses more theory and isnt so set on shredding EVERY bar. 'better' at that level of skill is debateable on both their behalves.
Quote by This End Up
Clearly more of a Laiho reference.

Brendon Small said that his arrogant personality is meant to resemble Malmsteen's, that's what I meant.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
this is from an interview with Brendon Small

Q: Are any of the characters modeled on real people?
A: Basically the only one that really came from a certain place was George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher from Cannibal Corpse. Our first take on the lead singer was, "Let's make him kinda look like Conan the Barbarian." We're not looking for Danzig, but dark hair, and (so he looks) kinda cool. But onstage, the way he sings and everything, it's very much modeled after Cannibal Corpse. 


Note the Dethklok T-shirt: George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher gets totally brutal.
Everybody else, we came up with the names in an afternoon. I wanted two guitar players, so one could be way better than the other, and the other one's could be kind of a second-class citizen in his own band. The really good one has to be from Sweden, because that's where Yngwie Malmsteen is from. And he's going to be a classic guitarist -- if you're good, you're usually cocky and totally arrogant. The other guy is a nice guy, and he has no choice, because he's not as good at the other guy. He'll be from Norway. One will be more elite than the other one. One will be blond, the other will have dark hair. And it went on... 

The drummer, everyone thought he looked like Devin Townsend. At first, he was going to be more Rob Halford looking, but he looked too handsome and slick. So we did pages upon pages of hair experiments on Pickles, and settled on a new look, which is the dread-over. 

Q: And Murderface, he reminds of me of Geezer Butler in the '70s, with the hair and the moustache.
A: People have sent me pictures of Geezer and Murderface side by side, but I think Geezer is way too handsome, and you can hear his bass too well. (laughs) That was the one guy who, I remember, Jon Schnepp, who designed the characters -- he pretty much nailed them all in one pass. This was the exact style we were looking for, the Ralph Bakshi/early Filmation "Masters of the Universe" kind of drawing, so they're comic-book-y and movable. Some of these shows are so low-budget, and the animation is so minimal these days, we were like, "Let's go the other way. Let's make it look really cool." And he nailed all that stuff.

When I saw Murderface, he looked like a totally different genre of metal. He looks like Blue Oyster Cult to me. Wierd boots and shorts, and self-hating. And man, it's rough. Your (bass is) turned down all the time, "What am I doing here?" And he just hates himself. 
Last edited by qstionauthority at Nov 1, 2008,