Every time I use my killswitch, it feedbacks like crazy when i'm not evem close and the amp isn't even loud
What can I do to get rid of the feedback.?
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Shield your guitar.
Quote by imgooley
Shield your guitar.

Do you mean the metal stuff under the pickguard?
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Quote by david_highland
How are you getting any sound at all if you're using a killswitch?

When I am not pressing down the button it feedbacks
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

What kinda killswitch?
Did you wire it?
How did you wire it?

1. If you simply used a "push to break" to cut the output, it's gonna happen. Exactly the same effect as unplugging your cable.

2. If you used a "push to make" to shunt the output to ground (the proper way), then you've a problem that I can't diagnose.

If you've used number 1, change it to 2.

Quote by guitar99099
When I am not pressing down the button it feedbacks
I'm now confused. It feedbacks when you "use" it, meaning when you push it. You're now saying you get feedback even when you don't push it? Then what happens when you push it?
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Oct 15, 2008,
what other pedal or fxs do you use with it? If the feedback is still around when the guitar signal is cut perhaps the problem is a little further down the line. also is your amp located next to any electronic devices..computers, tv, lights, stuff like that?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
What kinda killswitch?
Did you wire it?
How did you wire it?

1. If you simply used a "push to break" to cut the output, it's gonna happen. Exactly the same effect as unplugging your cable.

2. If you used a "push to make" to shunt the output to ground (the proper way), then you've a problem that I can't diagnose.

If you've used number 1, change it to 2.

I'm now confused. It feedbacks when you "use" it, meaning when you push it. You're now saying you get feedback even when you don't push it? Then what happens when you push it?

When I said it feedbacks when I "use it", I meant it feedbacks when I plug it into the output jack of my guitar. It does not feedback when I press the button.
Crate V33 212 Combo
DigiTech Whammy IV
Dunlop Crybaby
MXR Classic Distortion
Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Boss GE-7 Equalizer

Still sounds like you're encountering problem #1. I did this once, had to get the guitar rewired to ground the sound, not break the connection.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio