Page 1 of 2
New clip up on the profile.

I've been messing with the V33 trying to coax out some tones, and stumble upon a pretty good stoner rock/metal sound.

Check it out.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/imgooley/music/all/play437835
I didn't read the title, and I knew it was you.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
go V series!!

not bad

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by Tyler Durden
go V series!!

not bad

I was surprised myself.

It's at a reasonable enough volume as well.

Well...

It was pretty loud
that's pretty decent tone, i'm impressed. it sounds a little too mid scooped to be stoner rock, but that might be the recording quality.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ARCHITECT σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

drone/doom/post-metal: http://theygrieve.bandcamp.com
Quote by xwearesinking
that's pretty decent tone, i'm impressed. it sounds a little too mid scooped to be stoner rock, but that might be the recording quality.

Mids are dimed, but I'm using a Big Muff.

I'll give it another shot later.
Bump for the night crew.
Yup, some more mids and you're golden, not surprised with the scoopage considering you're using a big muff. Very good though, definitely give Iommi a run for his money.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6976762

It sounds a bit better here.
I don't think it sounds particularly great.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
^What kind of measuring stick are you using? Do you listen to much stoner/doom metal?
Thank you. That's kind of what I was going for.
Play some CoC with it! Not too bad for a Stoner sound; it's actually quite nice compared to some really fuzzy, muddy ones out there.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Play some CoC with it! Not too bad for a Stoner sound; it's actually quite nice compared to some really fuzzy, muddy ones out there.

I'll have it up in a minute. I don't know but one COC riff, and I'm not too good at it but it will be up. With some Eyehategod on the back end.
I like it, it's sludgy and low and awesome.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Bump before I go to sleep.
new clips sound good, but i'd still say work on your riffs, i wasn't really digging them.

for a V33 i'm impressed. for my doom tones i rock a Sunn/Ampeg half stack with a proco Rat, a Ram's Head clone, and a zvex fuzz factory.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by xwearesinking
new clips sound good, but i'd still say work on your riffs, i wasn't really digging them.

for a V33 i'm impressed. for my doom tones i rock a Sunn/Ampeg half stack with a proco Rat, a Ram's Head clone, and a zvex fuzz factory.

A Model T?

And how's the Rat sound? Does it scoop like the Muff does?
/\/\ I kind of want to try those three pedals (if the Rams' head clone is a BYOC). And i'm curious too, is your Sunn a Model T?
Quote by imgooley
A Model T?

And how's the Rat sound? Does it scoop like the Muff does?

i wish, a vintage model T is probably number 1 on my dream amp list. it's a Sunn Sonic I-40, made for bass or guitar. from 1968, they're pretty uncommon. comparable to a Fender Bassman, but with the darker un-chimey cleans of an Ampeg. it's 40 watts, but loud as ****. i cracked the wall directly across from my halfstack from the ceiling to the floor, no joke. that was playing on 5.5 with my Rat. i can't get it to break up, and it only takes 2 6550's.

with the Rat, i keep the filter basically off, and the distortion between 1-2 o'clock. more volume the better. with the filter low, there's basically no midscoop whatsoever, it's really open and messy.

It's a real Ram's Head.

not actually, it's a BYOC, and it's thick as balls. i love it.

baritone jaguar helps the heaviness as well.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by xwearesinking
i wish, a vintage model T is probably number 1 on my dream amp list. it's a Sunn Sonic I-40, made for bass or guitar. from 1968, they're pretty uncommon. comparable to a Fender Bassman, but with the darker un-chimey cleans of an Ampeg. it's 40 watts, but loud as ****. i cracked the wall directly across from my halfstack from the ceiling to the floor, no joke. that was playing on 5.5 with my Rat. i can't get it to break up, and it only takes 2 6550's.

with the Rat, i keep the filter basically off, and the distortion between 1-2 o'clock. more volume the better. with the filter low, there's basically no midscoop whatsoever, it's really open and messy.

It's a real Ram's Head.

not actually, it's a BYOC, and it's thick as balls. i love it.

baritone jaguar helps the heaviness as well.

I want to get that Baritone Electromatic by Gretsch or make my own baritone SG.

There's an Ampeg B42 head for sale on my local Clist, though I don't have the funds for it right now. I really want to get a good stoner rock setup, but it's damned hard to fund that shit right now.

That Frantone Cream Puff and that Redwitch Fuzz God look excellent for what I do, as does the Earthquaker Hoof Fuzz.

I'm trying to convince this drummer to start a project with me and this bass player I know, but it might be tough. Once I get something going, the riffs will improve
haha, that's awesome. a baritone SG would be badass. i know what you mean about the funds, but i'm 16 with a part time job. i also don't like very many kids my age.

= gear heaven.

it's hard as hell to find people to jam with around here. my friend and i started writing some drone/doom stuff, but right now it's just guitar and drums.
unfortunately no one will take me seriously because of my age, and everyone in my town only wants to play shit with breakdowns. annoying as hell.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by xwearesinking
haha, that's awesome. a baritone SG would be badass. i know what you mean about the funds, but i'm 16 with a part time job. i also don't like very many kids my age.

= gear heaven.

it's hard as hell to find people to jam with around here. my friend and i started writing some drone/doom stuff, but right now it's just guitar and drums.
unfortunately no one will take me seriously because of my age, and everyone in my town only wants to play shit with breakdowns. annoying as hell.

You can do a lot of stuff with just guitar and drums.

Tune low and play slow ftmfw
Quote by imgooley
You can do a lot of stuff with just guitar and drums.

Tune low and play slow ftmfw

don't know what that last concauction of letters was, but that's basically how i play (when i'm not playing post-rock). i'm into atmospheric doom stuff like cult of luna, giant, isis, rosetta, neurosis, irreversible, etc. i also like to do lots of soundscapes and droning.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by xwearesinking
don't know what that last concauction of letters was, but that's basically how i play (when i'm not playing post-rock). i'm into atmospheric doom stuff like cult of luna, giant, isis, rosetta, neurosis, irreversible, etc. i also like to do lots of soundscapes and droning.

Isis is pretty good.

FTMFW= for the mother****in win.

I'm more into the sludgey, stonery, doomy kind of stuff, a la Electric Wizard, Sleep, Orange Goblin, Weedeater, Eyehategod, The Abominable Iron Sloth, Crowbar, Corrosion of Conformity, etc.
definately like those bands, just don't listen to them as often as the atmospheric stuff. i like my delay pedals, hahaha.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

New clips up.

This time with teh drumz.
You don't like weed. But you play stoner/sludge rock.

Something doesn't compute.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
You don't like weed. But you play stoner/sludge rock.

Something doesn't compute.

I get high on music.
Sick stoner sounds duder. Awesome tone. I get a kickass stoner sound by using my woolly mammoth clone with a chorus after it on the neck pickup.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Sick stoner sounds duder. Awesome tone. I get a kickass stoner sound by using my woolly mammoth clone with a chorus after it on the neck pickup.

That sounds like it'd be freekin sweet, dude. I want a Mammoth fuzz pretty bad. And the new Zvex Fuzztron or whatever the hell it's called, too.

BTW, this clip was recorded at moderately low volumes.
Sounds good. Moar mids though.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
Page 1 of 2