I just can't do it fast enough, I can do 2 slaps and a pop to make up triplets, but not 3 slaps. Anybody got any tips/exercises for me?
definitely use hammers. are you switching strings or staying on one? make your question specific. switching strings and being fast just takes practice, and using pops isnt a bad idea either. it sounds different than fast slapping but until you can just do what you're doing. and like kyshack said....practice. it's what makes you better the fastest, other than stealing viktor wooten's soul.
PSYCHOSOCIAL
...How would hammer ons and pull offs help with this at all?
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by Woogles
...How would hammer ons and pull offs help with this at all?

Yeah right, hes talking about doing three slaps next to each other, doing a hammer on/pull off would just be a quick shortcut that wouldnt sound very good.

Practice is the only answer
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Speed in slapping is not like instant cocoa or coffee. It takes time and some concerted practice.

Get a metronome and find a speed you are comfortable and can play at. Don't sweat that it seems horribly slow, this isn't a contest and no one came out of the womb with this skill. Increase the speed by say 5bpm and then when you can run through the excercise successfully at that speed with a good slap tone and accruacy, up the speed again. Remember if you can play it fast but it sounds like crap, it means nothing.
practice. watch professionals do it. i had to learn to create my own way of slapping and im slapping fast and it took me about a year cause i play wrong. its gonna take alot of practice for some people. just find your groove. sit down and work on practicing.
blemonese of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Quote by camhussynec
Its like getting anal for the first time. It hurts like hell but eventully ull get used to it and itll feel fine

Thanks for nothing
Speed is a byproduct of accuracy. Never aim for speed, it comes on its own over time dont worry. Dump your girlfriend and get to you know your metronome intimately. Whenever you are out and about, in school etc.. practice slapping your thigh or the desk or whatever. it really helps.

Practice, Practice, Practice.

No shortcuts, just hard work.
Quote by Applehead
Speed is a byproduct of accuracy. Never aim for speed, it comes on its own over time dont worry. Dump your girlfriend and get to you know your metronome intimately. Whenever you are out and about, in school etc.. practice slapping your thigh or the desk or whatever. it really helps.

Practice, Practice, Practice.

No shortcuts, just hard work.

hahaha lmao at the girlfriend bit.
Dammit, okay. Was hoping there would be some shortcut. I got the hang of the slap-slap-pop triplet surpisingly easily.
Well, goodbye, social life. =)
Whenever you are out and about, in school etc.. practice slapping your thigh or the desk or whatever. it really helps.

i always do that when im in school i annoy the **** out of my teachers sometimes but i dont care i get better that way
Quote by Applehead
practice slapping your thigh or the desk or whatever.

thats exactly what i do to pracice. it sometimes pisses people off, but whatever, who cares
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses