Poll: do you go to sleep after eating?
Poll Options
View poll results: do you go to sleep after eating?
yes
14 23%
no
47 77%
Voters: 61.
after eating i always feel really tired as hell and i want to go to sleep i heard that is bad to sleep after eating because it messes up your digestion and the fat you ate is then store on the body

how do you avoid that feeling? like right now im trying to study but i feel tired as hell and just dont want to do it right now

and this feeling kind of messes my day up

i sleep at 11:30pm wake up at 10:30am got to be on class at 12:30 class finishes at 1:45pm i come back home to stuff my face and is like 2:30-3:00pm by the time im done eating after that if i let the feeling take over i sleep from 3:00-6:30pm and i start doing homework from there and my whole day goes to hell right there

do you guys go to sleep right after eating?
is it possible to avoid that feeling?
maybe you guys could elaborate a little more why is it bad?

i wanted to google it but i only know the term the itis XD and dont know what the hell is the medical term or the proper term
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Technically yes, since I go to bed a few hours after supper.

/smartarse
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I believe it's your insulin levels which drop after you eat which make you wanna sleep.... I think all you need to do is stimulate the body like take a walk, get some fresh air etc

No expert just that's what I've been led to believe it is.
[
Yeah, I always feel like collapsing after a meal... I don't avoid it, I just rest my head and eyes.....But seriously I wouldn't worry too much. If you feel tired, then it's no homework for you!

But I wouldn't try that by the way
If you get some light exercise after you eat you wont get it.
This works for me anyway.

Just a short walk or something.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
I usually eat supper about 20 minutes before i got to bed.

Not on purpose, i just kind of... forget... to eat.
Stupid UG! ...stealing my time!
O O

___
Don't eat.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
That used to happen to me all the time. I got sick of it and started exercising more, after a while it just stopped happening. I think the exercise is what did it so that would be my solution for you.
I'm 15 years, i'm going on 10th grade, i go to sleep at about 2:00 am and wake up at 7:00 am, but..... i can never sleep when i go to bed, usually i only sleep less than 4 hours yup, i am pretty ****ed up in the future, and i already tried out vitamins, teas before bed and i'm afraid of starting taking sleeping pills.

and yes, i feel sleepy after i eat but of course i can't sleep...

any advices for me to sleep?
Quote by supralightning
send your gf over to my place and ill give her a birthday present

Gear:
Fender Squier
SP-10 (i almost don't use it)
Boss DS-1
Boss RC-2 (very useful)
Boss GT-10 (hell yeah)
Good Headphones
Gameboy color

Lastfm
yeah i eat at about 5-6 pm than go bed at about 11pm.
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
This may not be the entire reason but i know its at least part of it.

your not chewing your food the way your supossed to.
if you dont physically break down you food with your teeth (chewing)
you body has to spend more energy breaking down the food therefore making you tired, feeling a lack of energy.. Sleepy.

CHEW YOUR FOOD RIGHT

iessleepy
I've gotten in the habit of having a cup of coffee after dinner. It not only adds to the satisfaction of a large meal, but keeps you from getting too sleepy. Coffee gives you the most energy when you actually have stuff in your stomach to get energy from, i.e. calories/proteins/carbs.
We're only strays.
Quote by I es sleepy
This may not be the entire reason but i know its at least part of it.

your not chewing your food the way your supossed to.
if you dont physically break down you food with your teeth (chewing)
you body has to spend more energy breaking down the food therefore making you tired, feeling a lack of energy.. Sleepy.

CHEW YOUR FOOD RIGHT

iessleepy

No you feel sleepy because the sugar level of your blood rises and then something happens and you feel sleepy. I think it's a natural way of saving energy or something.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
If I'm reading it right, you're saying you spend 0:45-1:15 eating? How much food are you eating? Is this the first meal of the day?

If you go to bed at 11:30pm and the next meal is at 1:45pm the next day, that is over 14 hours between meals. For starters, this is not a good idea. Your body will be attempting to conserve energy so your basal metabolism will be slowwwwww. Then you binge and eat a large meal. This will spike your insulin levels, and as a result your metabolism will go down even further. This combination is what's making you feel like shite. Your body is working so hard to process an oversized meal that is has less energy for things like being awake.

This is advice not just for you, but for anyone. (And fwiw, this is accepted by any nutritionist). Take the same amount of food you normally eat in 2-3 meals/day and spread it out to 5-6 meals/day. You will not only feel better and have more energy... you'll likely lose weight!

If you want some terms to research, try "basal metabolic rate", "insulin" and "cortisol".

Just for the record, what kind of shape are you in and do you exercise?

-James
Christ, you have an awesome day, you get to wake up at like 10:30 AM. I sometimes get the sleepy feeling, but it might be because I sleep like 5 hours daily.
m 15 years, i'm going on 10th grade, i go to sleep at about 2:00 am and wake up at 7:00 am, but..... i can never sleep when i go to bed, usually i only sleep less than 4 hours yup, i am pretty ****ed up in the future, and i already tried out vitamins, teas before bed and i'm afraid of starting taking sleeping pills.

and yes, i feel sleepy after i eat but of course i can't sleep...

try changing the time when you go to sleep. do more exercise and you sleep easily
if you try to sleep and you are overtired is sometimes harder to sleep maybe your Circadian_rhythm is messed up read on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circadian_rhythm

If I'm reading it right, you're saying you spend 0:45-1:15 eating? How much food are you eating? Is this the first meal of the day?

im saying that because is the time it takes the food to be cooked and for me to finish eating. i do eat 3 meals a day

This is advice not just for you, but for anyone. (And fwiw, this is accepted by any nutritionist). Take the same amount of food you normally eat in 2-3 meals/day and spread it out to 5-6 meals/day. You will not only feel better and have more energy... you'll likely lose weight!

you mixed up what i was trying to say but i would try to do this. im not in bad shape well at least in my opinion i weight 160lbs i dont get much exercise cuz im really busy most of the time and the time i have free i play guitar or watch tv or play videogames but im stronger that most of my friends

Christ, you have an awesome day, you get to wake up at like 10:30 AM. I sometimes get the sleepy feeling, but it might be because I sleep like 5 hours daily.

not really my other classes homework kick my ass and sometimes i have other stuff to do for example
today:
do laundry
study for test
do programming homework
clean up my room
little things that i got to do that take up my whole day today i wish i went somewhere and is close to 3:41pm and still got to do the whole stuff

sorry it took me so long to reply i been busy with school doing other stuff and trying to practice guitar
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
BCC eh? I have this weird problem. I get about 8 hours of sleep before school. Go to school at 8am. Come back around 10am. But for some reason my eyes are still tired so I go to sleep for another 2 hours. I'd like those 2 hours back...
i find that crack makes the sleepy feeling go away

/lame and not useful advice
I thought I heard the door open, oh no,
I thought I heard the door open but
I only heard it close.