Is it just me or are foreign movies better than almost all American movies? Granted almost all American movies that have come out recently blow.. just sayin.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
I mean like anything else. Like Cannibal Holocaust (Italian) and Ichi the Killer (Japanese) put crap like Hostel and Saw to shame. And it's not just gore movies. American film has just progressively gotten worse and worse.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
True, English films are much better. Much, much better. I've seen a fair few European films as well, a few Russian ones. They were all much better than most of this hollywood bollocks.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Yeah
Amélie is really good, and the music is awsome =)
We're just dancing
We're just hugging,singing, screaming, kissing, tugging
On the sleeve of how it used to be
the Brazilian film City Of God pisses all over pretty much any film from any country.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']^ This man knows everything.

Seriously, don't even try and question him, he'll rip your face off with his awesomeness alone.
Quote by Kumanji
@ yet another win post from Vince. Kudos to you, sir.
A lot of American films seem really uninspired and underdeveloped. They're basically just words with pictures behind them. I enjoy my fair share of them, but I rarely ever feel like I've really connected to a big budget Hollywood film. The last American film I saw in which I felt a real attachment to the movie and its plot was Pan's Labyrinth, and that movie was hardly American at all.
Of course, you're talking about America.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
i saw a good film the other day about a german accordian player who goes to america to play Cajun music.
From the little that I've see, Japanese horror>American horror.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Quote by madbasslover
A lot of American films seem really uninspired and underdeveloped. They're basically just words with pictures behind them. I enjoy my fair share of them, but I rarely ever feel like I've really connected to a big budget Hollywood film. The last American film I saw in which I felt a real attachment to the movie and its plot was Pan's Labyrinth, and that movie was hardly American at all.

Isn't that film Spanish? And yes, it was really good.

Can't remember the last time I've seen a good Dutch movie, so not all "foreign" films are better than American ones.
Yeah,i agree with you. i think the americans get easily impressed than europeans, same happens with comedy, i don't even get to laugh when i see an american comedy movie, but if i see an european movie i usually at least smile
Quote by supralightning
send your gf over to my place and ill give her a birthday present

Gear:
Fender Squier
SP-10 (i almost don't use it)
Boss DS-1
Boss RC-2 (very useful)
Boss GT-10 (hell yeah)
Good Headphones
Gameboy color

Lastfm
Not neccessarily. I am a film buff and absolutely love foreign films, but I disagree with your statement. There are a fairly equal amount of bad foreign films and bad American films and vice versa. It's just that there aren't a whole lot (although not all) of Americans who are willing to read subtitles while they watch a film and foreign films have a reputation of being "difficult".

So foreign films generally aren't marketed in America unless they gross a ridiculously high amount at the box office and/or it recieves a huge amount of critical acclaim. As a result, usually only the very best films get much exposure in America while every American made film is marketed towards an American audience so the ratio of good to bad films tilts much more toward the bad.

But that being said, a lot of the great foreign films I have seen have a depth and artistry to them that I have seen out of very few American films.
Quote by Vince Noir
the Brazilian film City Of God pisses all over pretty much any film from any country.

That film is intense

I watched 9th Company. Biggest grossing Post-Soviet Russian film ever. pretty sad that they almost all die at the end in one big-shitty-ass fight against the Afganistan Fighters.
Quote by Ikey
i saw a good film the other day about a german accordian player who goes to america to play Cajun music.

Ahh I really wanna see that one. I can't remember what it's called now though, but they had a clip of it in the Joy Division film 'Control'.
Quote by ohhey9040
every American made film is marketed towards an American audience so the ratio of good to bad films tilts much more toward the bad.
This is what I came in here to say. You may not find American comedies funny because they're made to appeal to a different audience. What your culture and American culture finds funny is often very different.

That said, Charlie Chaplin > all.

Thank ya.
Well if u want some recomendations from here argentina i can tell you, the problem is, i dont know where you can find them, well maybe i do know where to download them but you ll need to pm me for that, and i dont know if youll find the subtitles the truth is that i doubt it but if you want to see an argentinian prison break you must see Tumberos (2002), is a piece of art.

And you have Okupas, Pizza birra faso, disputas.

all of them talkin' bout marginated people, corruption, money, drugs and bitches.

and waht comes to the cinema here is mainly crap but thanks god for the internet.
Aniquilando.
Agua que no puedo respirar.
Aire que no puedo navegar.
Nosferatu, Tetsuo: Iron Man, and Sunshine are basicly the only foreign films I've even seen. So I dunno.
We're only strays.