So a friend of mine has recently become smitten with floyd guitars. He was originally going to get a nice Epiphone Les Paul but has now changed his mind and wants a guitar that would be good for metal with a floyd rose or similar tremelo.

He says his budget is around $600 but that's pushing it, so more likely around $500. He's been looking at Ibanez and has his mind made up on one I think. Basically I just need some suggestions as far as getting the best floating tremelo for that price range, as I dont want him to be stuck with a shit guitar that goes out of tune a lot. (Although then maybe I could tell him I told him so) It doesn't have to be an Ibanez mind you, so feel free to name anything.

Thanks in advance, anything I left out just let me know.
Get an Ibanez s series guitar. The ZR trem is the only Ibanez trem that I trust. Tell him to not get an Ibanez with an Edge III bridge on it. He will regret that in about 6 or 7 months.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Trust me I've already told him. He's been doing research on trem's and said the Edge III was pretty good, but I told him if he got an Edge III guitar I'd kill him with my bare hands.
you could get a KH 202, ive had no problems with mine,.... but i don't know how much they are in the US.
My gear.

ESP LTD EC 2005.

KH 202.

Line 6, Spider 212.

ESP Eclipse l CTM.
i agree with metalhead c-1 im have played on ibanez guitars and there really good! and stay in tune well. im gettin a s series next month also i heard jackson do good budget guitars you should check them out too.
IbanezRG42FM is what ive got and the trem is great on it, it cost my 320pounds half price tho so it might be a bit much in dollars.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
The RGs are the best from Ibanez. The S's are too thin for me and the ZR tremelo is fine but it feels too cheap for me. I've been using an Edge III for 4 years and have had no problems.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Be sure to tell him that if he wants a floating bridge, he had better learn how to properly string it and set it up or else he'll have sooooo many problems later!
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Kramer
QUOTE=HappyDrugs]Spectator mode.

Quote by Daneeka
Oh God, this is the fastest win i have ever seen.

I think the mods can't bare with your epicness and banned you.

Let's blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
Quote by Warheart1188
Be sure to tell him that if he wants a floating bridge, he had better learn how to properly string it and set it up or else he'll have sooooo many problems later!

Well that's part of the problem, since he's never owned one before and neither have I, I told him that for now it might be best to steer clear from floating trem's, but it seems he has his heart set on one. Thanks for all the replies guys, I'll check em out.
Quote by metalhead_c-1
Get an Ibanez s series guitar. The ZR trem is the only Ibanez trem that I trust. Tell him to not get an Ibanez with an Edge III bridge on it. He will regret that in about 6 or 7 months.

Make that like 20 minutes.

And +1 for the S.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
jackson

their licenced floyd trems are ok
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss