I have a Marshall MG100HDFX Half-Stack I want to get rid of there is nothing broken or messed up in it, i just don't want it anymore I'm going off to college soon and i want some extra money. There are song cosmetic damages from gigging and hauling around but does not effect the sound or any internal components. I'm aware this isn't the nicest amp but you are a beginner or someone who wants a step up from a combo amp then this is a nice amp. Good distortion for thrash, with built in flanger, delay, and chorus effects. The clean tone is decent as well. I live in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and I'm willing to drive to the Northern Kentucky or Dayton, Ohio area to make a trade. Email me at nicktriantos@gmail.com for question or pictures.

thanks,
Nick
how much are you looking for? i can probally get down to the dayton area to meet,
I bought it for 600 and i would really like to not lose alot from this so im looking from 500-600. That's really the best i can do.
Actually it doesn't I don't have a problem with it, i just don't have the space for it and I'm not in any bands anymore so i don't need it, i've played it forever so i know what the tone is like.
I think it's personal preference.
Quote by Mullen2105
Actually it doesn't I don't have a problem with it, i just don't have the space for it and I'm not in any bands anymore so i don't need it, i've played it forever so i know what the tone is like.
I think it's personal preference.

Lol its not personal preference, its general knowledge that MG's suck.

Your best bet would be shove it in a local paper and use the words 'Marshall, Zack Wylde and CRUSHING tone'' as much as possible. Hopefully some nub cake like yourself will come along and be wowed by the Marshall logo on the front.

Failing that, drop your price to £300 or put the cab on its front and use it as a coffee table.

MG... what were you thinkin?
Quote by Preid

Your best bet would be shove it in a local paper and use the words 'Marshall, Zack Wylde and CRUSHING tone'' as much as possible. Hopefully some nub cake like yourself will come along and be wowed by the Marshall logo on the front.

Failing that, drop your price to £300 or put the cab on its front and use it as a coffee table.

I completely disagree. I was going to get rid of my MG100DFX combo for something that sounds better, but honestly, i love the tone from my MG more than any other amp i've played through. Clean is great and the distortion tone is great. Its general knowledge that MG's are not nearly as high priced or fancy as alot of others, and yes there are amps a million times better, but it really is personal preference.
Quote by mc_carlini
I completely disagree. I was going to get rid of my MG100DFX combo for something that sounds better, but honestly, i love the tone from my MG more than any other amp i've played through. Clean is great and the distortion tone is great. Its general knowledge that MG's are not nearly as high priced or fancy as alot of others, and yes there are amps a million times better, but it really is personal preference.

x23667095787665
Quote by Preid

i mite want some thing better but i think my mgs alright it does the job ive tweaked enough to where i found alot of tones that i love my thing is i need more power
Pictures of your PRS's? Now? Please?
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
Don't you people have anything better to do than hijack the guy's for sale thread?

This isn't an MG opinions thread, let the guy sell his amp.

Good luck to the TS. I am selling my MG as well, I still don't understand the hate for the amp. It is not a bad SS amp, I agree with everything you said. Maybe we got special MGs that sound good, maybe everyone on this site is just going on word of mouth and not actually trying out an MG, maybe we are gods and have the tone in our fingers and can make anything sound good.
I'll echo what the user above said about hijacking the thread. If you guys hate MGs then thats your preference but don't try and stop the guy selling it. Just to come into a guys thread and slag his amp off is extremely rude. If you want to voice your opinions about the MG series then take them to the guitar gear and accessories section. As the guy above said, just let the guy sell his amp
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Quote by mc_carlini

umm...was the only other amp you played through a spider 3 or something?

x100dfx
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
There is a youtube video with Doug Aldrich of Whitesnake demonstrating tones that you can get out of the MG100HDFX with no external effects just the digital effects of the amp. Sounds amazing. I have one and it sounds great.. Eddy Van Halen says that tone begins in your fingers. You probably are just repeating what you heard fro others who have never actually playe one
There is a youtube video with Doug Aldrich of Whitesnake demonstrating tones that you can get out of the MG100HDFX with no external effects just the digital effects of the amp. Sounds amazing. I have one and it sounds great.. Eddy Van Halen says that tone begins in your fingers. You probably are just repeating what you heard fro others who have never actually playe one
Was that really worth necrobumping a 9 year old thread for?
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud