So UG, is it a good amp? I found one second hand pretty cheap, and i hear its a nice amp, especialy for its price. I play mainly hard rock and heavy metal (AC/DC to metallica to iron maiden to black sabbath). So will it be any good for me? I would use it for giging also.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Its a good solid state. Think 'Roland cube good'.
But imo, if you want to gig, i'd save up for a tube amp though.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I have the 1x15" bandit. It's really not that bad. It was a free be so I use it for my band rehearsals. I just use the clean channel + a Boss DS-1. It is a transtube whatever that means if someone could tell me that would be great.
Quote by kckyle
good game a$$hole?

You're an idiot.
There is a forum specifically for this, he'll get better answers from people who actually know what they're talking about, unlike assholes like you.
Quote by tona_107
You're an idiot.
There is a forum specifically for this, he'll get better answers from people who actually know what they're talking about, unlike assholes like you.

wow calm down sheesh. no need for name calling. i'll admit i was acting like a idiot but hey its the internet. as for the peavey bandit. its a great amp. but you should take a look at the classic 30.
Quote by XBertsBestBuddy
I have the 1x15" bandit. It's really not that bad. It was a free be so I use it for my band rehearsals. I just use the clean channel + a Boss DS-1. It is a transtube whatever that means if someone could tell me that would be great.

The transtube series combine tube preamp with a SS poweramp.Its a little bit more complicated, but thats what it is in simple terms.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
no, transtube comes from "trans"-to go by and "tube", so it means that it doesn't use tubes. In other words, it's a solid state amplifier, but peavey uses Transtube too make it sound better. I know, I have a 15 watt "transtube" amp, and there are no tubes involved whatsoever, but it's still a pretty good amp for the price.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
They actually sound relatively tubey, which we all agree is good.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
the Bandit 112 is a great amp i had one back in the 80`s with the Black widow speaker the thing had tons of power and great distortion .
It's a VERY solid and dependable amp. It's one of the best SS amps out right now that won't rip a hole in your bank account.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by skvvisgaar
no, transtube comes from "trans"-to go by and "tube", so it means that it doesn't use tubes. In other words, it's a solid state amplifier, but peavey uses Transtube too make it sound better. I know, I have a 15 watt "transtube" amp, and there are no tubes involved whatsoever, but it's still a pretty good amp for the price.

Not exactly, there's been alot of reasearch done in these amps to sound like a tube amp.
The transtube series use "Tube amp simulation, vacuum tube emulation. The preamp has been redesigned, using patent-applied technology that redefines tube-like distortion and harmonic generation in solid-state amps. The new second generation Transtube amps contain voicing switches on each channel to allow easy customization of the amp´s tone and gain. The clean channel has a Modern/Vintage switch, and the lead channel has a 3-position switch providing High Gain, Modern, or Vintage tone. T-Dynamics control is awaiting several patents - recreates tube power compression. Resonance and presence circuitry. Turning down the T-Dynamics control lowers the power level the amp puts out. "
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl