Hi
My amp has started playying up recently after my last gig, it seems that the drive channels stop working but the clean channel is fine, if i turn my amp off and on again the drive channels dont seem to work still. But if i leave it for an hour or so it starts working again but i never know when it will go wrong again or fix its self. the only thing that isnt in the same wiring is that theres two ecc83 tubes running through the drive channels but surly if the tubes are gone or 1 of them the amp wont work at all I AM CONFUSED.
If any one knows how to solve this problom i would be most great full....
If it is to do with the tubes what is the best make to go for and do they make any sound diffrence as i noticed you can buy higher gain ones and is there any point?
I hope you can make sence out of this.
Hodds
Gibson Explorer 76 Reissue Classic White

60th Anniversary Fender Telecaster 72 Custom

Yamaha Pacifica 112 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab bridge pup)

Laney LV200
Sounds like your power tubes are dying. When you turn it on, how are the tubes glowing? Are any of them glowing red or is it the usual orange + blue? How long have you owned the amp? Was it used previously?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
yes, different tubes effect the sound differently, check out HERE
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Cheers
yeah there glowing bright red?
and i got it brand new and will 2 years at christmas i was wondering if it took a bash in transit would of that effected it?
Also can you use diffrent tubes or do you have to use the ecc83?
Gibson Explorer 76 Reissue Classic White

60th Anniversary Fender Telecaster 72 Custom

Yamaha Pacifica 112 (DiMarzio Crunch Lab bridge pup)

Laney LV200
Last edited by Hodds49 at Oct 15, 2008,