I have a friend that claims he'll sell me a 50 watt Krank amp for about $150. I'm jumping at the offer, but I'm curious as to if it's even legit. Has Krank ever made a 50 watt amp of any sort? I told him I looked and couldn't find one online but he said it's an older model.

Any links, model numbers or other info will help greatly. He says he'll bring it over tomorrow but I want to make sure before I even bother with it.
its broken. lol

is it a head or combo? Krank makes the 'Chadwick' which is 50w head

edit:

Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Just try it, if its fixable that's still a huge bargain. Then again, you have to like the sound. I like the Krank tone but apparently it's a a love/hate amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by bjovi400
its broken. lol

is it a head or combo? Krank makes the 'Chadwick' which is 50w head

edit:

According to him it was obtained through dubious methods, allowing him to sell it off cheap.. I'm not asking too many questions. If I see the amp, it works, and sounds good, I'm going for it. No questions asked.

And I'm guessing it must be a head. I can't find a 50 watt Krank combo. I know very little about the amp he's selling as it was brought up in a short, off-hand conversation. I'm gonna find out all the specs and stuff tomorrow when I look at it. As long as it's an actual Krank and it works, I'm not going to argue though.
$150 or $1,500?

He might have the rev jr. and think that it's 50watts, possibly a bad tube, therefore him thinking that it's broken...

$150 just doesn't make sense.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
$150 or $1,500?

He might have the rev jr. and think that it's 50watts, possibly a bad tube, therefore him thinking that it's broken...

$150 just doesn't make sense.

How much would a replacement tube be?

And I know. I don't really get it fully either but we'll see tomorrow, haha.
Quote by eifersucht12a
How much would a replacement tube be?

Way less than what you're paying for the amp. Although you should get a new set, they come stock with mediocre Sovteks.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Uhhh...

depends on the tubes...

If it's an EL-34 blown, it's probably going to cost you $80-$100 for a new set. If it's a pre amp it's about $10-$20 per tube, you might want a new set just becuase you don't know how old they are and you can buy specific tubes to help improve your tone. A full set depends on the number of positions (usually 4-6 x $15 or so)

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i thought the Rev Jr was 30w?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Quote by MESAexplorer
If it's an EL-34 blown, it's probably going to cost you $80-$100 for a new set.

Damn, where you buying tubes at Cory?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Damn, where you buying tubes at Cory?

Mullard!

JJ's are still like $45 for individual tubes, and with power tubes you never replace one tube, you always replace the problem tube and it's partner.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Mullard!

JJ's are still like $45 for individual tubes, and with power tubes you never replace one tube, you always replace the problem tube and it's partner.

The most expensive JJ on DougsTubes is $37 (for a KT-88) otherwise they're <$20 a piece. Mullards are $20 a piece for EL-34s

You should easily be able to buy 4 power tubes for $80-100. But if it's a 50W amp, it's only going to have 2 power tubes, 99% of the time at least.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com