hey guyz
i wanna clean my guitar and i see t hose things "lemon oil " and ,,,,etc and the prob that i can`t get those things here where i`m livin "outside US"
so
i wanna clean my guitar
it`s rg1550 guitar
i wanna clean the pickups and dunno how

hope u tell me how and give me other options than lemon oil ....
thnx
can i use olive oil instead of lemon oil?...overall it`s an oil!
use a Q tip on the plastic parts, like the pickups. you can make the Qtip a little damp with a cleaner like windex, but dont get any on the finished or unfinished wood.

on the unfinished wood like a rosewood fretboard, look for a silicone free furniture oil, or a linseed oil.
can be found in hardware stores.

on finished wood like the body, or on a maple fretboard, use car wax.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
hey guyz
here`s some pics and tell me how would i clean those pickups cuz Q tip with windex didn`t work....and yea , i found "furniture polish - wood polish" can i use it 4 the rosewood neck?

as u can see the metal isn`t shining as if there`s a layer on it and can`t remove it with windex.some places got a different color...

and here,u can see the pickups , there`s some rust and durt inside the coils
how can i remove them?:S
i tried alcaholo and it didn`t work
Last edited by cursed4ever at Oct 16, 2008,
First of all, how did your Pickups get so filthy. ok, first be careful, if you arent experienced, then i suggest taking it to a store, or at least inquiring about cleaning.
you might wanna use a q-tip with WD-40 or other rustkill on it on the bridge. NOT THE PICKUPS. but im just gunna say your best bet it take it for a professional clean.
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
looks like oxidation, not dirt on the bridge. usually i'd suggest a steeol wool to get some of that off, but looks like it might be painted black. rubbing too hard with any abrasive might scratch off the color.

i suggest a ligt machine oil, maybe a little CLR, or chemical stronger than windex on the bridge.
i cant see what the guard is made of from that picture, and i'm going to advise you dont get the pickup ribbons on internal parts of those pups wet in any way.

if it's plastic stick with goo gone or similar. be careful none of these things get on any painted surface. it's more like a dab on a qtip, not a spray.

as for the neck, dont use the furniture polish if it contains silicone.

higher end furniture oils dont. like i said, if unsure dont use it.
your neck only needs a few drops a year anyway. scrape the crap off with a pick rub with a rag, and wait until you can get a suitable oil to condition it correctly.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
the bridge looks better now using steel wool
that`s the only gd step till now
and if it was up 2 me , i won`t let it get dirty like this,the thing that i left it 3 years ago with my little bro and i can tell u guyz....NEVER LEAVE ANY GUITAR AROUND UR LITTLE BROTHERS
Quote by Mr.Pink101
First of all, how did your Pickups get so filthy. ok, first be careful, if you arent experienced, then i suggest taking it to a store, or at least inquiring about cleaning.
you might wanna use a q-tip with WD-40 or other rustkill on it on the bridge. NOT THE PICKUPS. but im just gunna say your best bet it take it for a professional clean.

Lololol, that's what he appears to be doing!

Yeah, use the Q-Tip on your pickups. Worked for me.

Also, I dunno if you care about your string life, but a way to keep 'em stronger and longer lasting is to buy some string polish at a store. Just spray a bit on the cloth and wipe down the strings. What I do is I spray the polish on my cloth, and I pinch the cloth around each string and slide down it in order to remove any dirt/oil on the underside of the string.

I know you wanted like, tips for body and hardware cleaning, but this will also help keep your fretboard cleaner. Crap hasn't accumulated on mine as much since I started cleaning them after every time I play.