I'm very angry and need to vent but I don't want to talk about this to anyone I know.

I told my mum that I was going to go see Amon Amarth / Ensiferum. The original plan was that I would drive to the train station with some friends, and we'd take the train back and one of my mate's parents would drive us all home.

However; I decided that I would NOT be drinking that night because I figure I'll be doing plenty of that in Berlin anyway (I need money to pay for gas anyway).

So the fight started around THIS. I was surprised that she reacted with such outrage when I told her I wouldn't drink and I'd drive everyone home. The problem it seems, is that she doesn't believe that I won't drink.

I know that she talks about me behind my back to other relatives and I know she makes me out to be a delinquint (This is prejudice because I have long hair, I spend nights outside and I dress in denim and leather). She can say what she wants but I don't understand why she doesn't trust me to not drink. Just last month I drove by myself all the way into the city to see MOTORHEAD, I hadn't had a single drop to drink and I drove myself home safe and sound.

At some point I had to put my foot down because I absolutely have had as much as I could take. I Accidently swore at her ( I never swear to my parents. Ever. ) that I wasn't going to drink.

*sigh*. Anyways, I'm not sure what to do now, it's a total mess. We just stared at each other and I walked away to work on some English homework... and simultaneously ask for UG's advice.
Tell your mother that your life would be so much better if she had been aborted.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Go play some fast heavy metal and you'll be alright.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
Quote by Rising

I know that she talks about me behind my back to other relatives and I know she makes me out to be a delinquint (This is prejudice because I have long hair, I spend nights outside and I dress in denim and leather).

She is telling them you're a delinquent because it's less shameful then telling them you're a leatheboi in training and will soon be the property of a Rob Halford (Mr. Halford to you) lookalike.

Second - reach down between your legs. That's supposed to make you a man. Move out of the house and tell your parents to bugger off.

Otherwise you are just some poser that walks around like a "gay rock and roll rebel" is leather and denim but jump when mommy says so.

Poser
Quote by Xiaoxi
Tell your mother that your life would be so much better if she had been aborted.

Best advice?
1. Kill Her
2. Make Mother Chili
3.???
4.PROFIT

but seriously, does it matter? Just go, from what i read (half of it maybe) she didnt say you couldnt go. LOOPHOLE!
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
get paraletically drunk at the weekend, then that will show her that you dont need to go away to get hammered.

lol
I was surprised that was the first time you swore to your mother. Grunge, techno, punk and many other things couldn't stop the metal. Your mother shouldn't be able to. I say go see Municipal Waste, get hammered and thrash like a maniac.
my dad tells my family when i get into any kind of trouble too, it gets really annoying..

but to be fair he never hears the end of his drunken escapades either.

maybe your moms just being a good mom and giving a ****
Congradulations, you just described 99.9 % of everybody elses parents.

She's just looking out for you man, by bitching at you
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by SenorSmiley
She is telling them you're a delinquent because it's less shameful then telling them you're a leatheboi in training and will soon be the property of a Rob Halford (Mr. Halford to you) lookalike.

Second - reach down between your legs. That's supposed to make you a man. Move out of the house and tell your parents to bugger off.

Otherwise you are just some poser that walks around like a "gay rock and roll rebel" is leather and denim but jump when mommy says so.

Poser

Actually this reminds me of a significant difference between most metalheads and myself.

Respect.

I can't move out yet because I don't have enough money to do so. So I respect the people who pay to give me shelter and food unlike the countless other ****in RETARDED metalheads out there.

Neither of them want me to go, but I'm going anyway. I love my mom, and I'd like to resolve the matter for the both of us.

So piss off, you ignorant shit.
Tell your mother that if she continues trying to shelter you you'll probably grow up to be miserable.

It's true.
Quote by imdeth
I was surprised that was the first time you swore to your mother. Grunge, techno, punk and many other things couldn't stop the metal. Your mother shouldn't be able to. I say go see Municipal Waste, get hammered and thrash like a maniac.

It's a precarious relationship I share with my parents.

I love them both and would never want to hurt them in any concievable manner. Yet I find myself staying out at 4 in the morning in the city (incidently after having seen Municipal Waste and Toxic Holocaust), worrying the shit outta them, thus hurting them in a WAY.

It's good though that they worry, it shows that they care. My problem is building a strong enough trust for them to not outrage when I say

''Im driving the mates home tomorrow night''.
Quote by Rising
Actually this reminds me of a significant difference between most metalheads and myself.

Respect.

I can't move out yet because I don't have enough money to do so. So I respect the people who pay to give me shelter and food unlike the countless other ****in RETARDED metalheads out there.

Neither of them want me to go, but I'm going anyway. I love my mom, and I'd like to resolve the matter for the both of us.

So piss off, you ignorant shit.

If your mom had any respect for you she wouldn't be talking smack about you to other family members.

s I said, if you were a man and had some self respect you would move out. I guess you can's man up enough to support yourself. That's ok - but just obey mommy's rules.
dude...you're 18

you can do whatever you want to do.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by SenorSmiley
If your mom had any respect for you she wouldn't be talking smack about you to other family members.

s I said, if you were a man and had some self respect you would move out. I guess you can's man up enough to support yourself. That's ok - but just obey mommy's rules.

If I obeyed ''mommy's rules'' I wouldn't be going to this in the first place.

I'm in the middle of looking for another job and I'm not sure you fully grasp how expensive it is to support yourself today.

You need to pay for...

School, Books, Car, Car insurance, Gas, Food, Water, Electricity, Rent, the list goes on and these are just prerequisite expenses aside from leisurely expenses like beer, shows and guitar strings.

1700 currently in the bank (900 of that going towards Germany) isn't enough to cover even half of that.

EDIT: I think there's a misunderstanding going around here... I AM still going to do it ANYWAY! My problem is that I'd like to figure out how to build trust in a mother who doesn't think I'm going to come home alive, due to drinking & driving.
Last edited by Rising at Oct 15, 2008,
Quote by XtacularZ
just out of interest would your mum let you buy a handgun?

??????

I wouldn't want one anyway.

And this is Canada, I'm not sure what the gun laws are like here because I've never really looked into it.
Quote by Rising
??????

I wouldn't want one anyway.

And this is Canada, I'm not sure what the gun laws are like here because I've never really looked into it.

O i thought you were in the USA. that would be gay if you had a handgun but could buy a beer.
Quote by XtacularZ
O i thought you were in the USA. that would be gay if you had a handgun but could buy a beer.

Yeah but if you had a handgun you wouldn't need to buy beer.
Quote by Rising

I'm in the middle of looking for another job and I'm not sure you fully grasp how expensive it is to support yourself today.

You need to pay for...

School, Books, Car, Car insurance, Gas, Food, Water, Electricity, Rent, the list goes on and these are just prerequisite expenses aside from leisurely expenses like beer, shows and guitar strings.

1700 currently in the bank (900 of that going towards Germany) isn't enough to cover even half of that.

EDIT: I think there's a misunderstanding going around here... I AM still going to do it ANYWAY! My problem is that I'd like to figure out how to build trust in a mother who doesn't think I'm going to come home alive, due to drinking & driving.

Just ignore him, it's really not his fault. He was molested as a child.
Quote by SenorSmiley
Yeah but if you had a handgun you wouldn't need to buy beer.

Eh? ive never shot a gun so i dunno.
Quote by Rising

You need to pay for...

Yeah, you would have to pay regular bills like the rest of us. Poor baby.
Look her right in the eyes and say 'Mum, I will kill you.' If this fails, ask her for a handjob.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by blackthought
I get the feeling you're a pissed off 14-year old, actually. So you really can't tell him much.

Hes actually 30.
Still an asshole though.
Last edited by Final !mpact at Oct 15, 2008,
I'm going to see Amon Amarth and Ensiferum on Sunday. I was planning on seeing Municipal Waste a few weeks ago, but I missed it... where do you live?
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by SenorSmiley
Yeah, you would have to pay regular bills like the rest of us. Poor baby.

Who's the rest of us ?

The overwhelming majority of UGers are between 12 and 18. Now... try to grasp this...

I have a job interview this friday but CURRENTLY am without work. I also lack the sufficient funds to support myself.

This is a reason why I pay my parents the respect they deserve for supporting me. Sure there are fights, disagreements, arguments. But without them I would'nt of had my first guitar lessons let alone my very first guitar. And that's already a big deal to me.

Untill I can earn the adequate income required to pay bills, I am resigned to live at home for the time being. And in the mean time, I will sympathize that parents worry about their offspring.

Have we reached an understanding ?
Respect your parents then.

Do as they say, as they must love you a lot if they're supporting you.
Quote by Bushinarin
I'm going to see Amon Amarth and Ensiferum on Sunday. I was planning on seeing Municipal Waste a few weeks ago, but I missed it... where do you live?

Canada, Quebec.

I saw the Waste open up for At The Gates, this was ... August I believe.

Even though the headliners was At the Gates, I came there SOLELY for the Waste.

And on top of that, SURPRISE guest band: toxic Holocaust! Which made it completely worth it.

Furthermore, I got to hang out and have a pint with Waste and Holocaust when both bands and my friends went to another bar where Holocaust played an after-show.

It was probably one of the greatest nights of my life.
get a breathelizer (sp?) and have her test you when you get home?
OMG...i'm a girl.

GOO INDIGO TEAM!

X
Quote by XcadeyX
get a breathelizer (sp?) and have her test you when you get home?

Where can I get one ?
Quote by Rising
Canada, Quebec.

I saw the Waste open up for At The Gates, this was ... August I believe.

Even though the headliners was At the Gates, I came there SOLELY for the Waste.

And on top of that, SURPRISE guest band: toxic Holocaust! Which made it completely worth it.

Furthermore, I got to hang out and have a pint with Waste and Holocaust when both bands and my friends went to another bar where Holocaust played an after-show.

It was probably one of the greatest nights of my life.

I'm gonna' cry... you saw At the Gates X_X

Closest they came to me was New York, and I missed them. I live close to Philly, so we're pretty much leagues apart. Damn.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
it's kind of expensive...but you can get them at drugstores like walgreens and such. you have to ask the pharmacist behind the counter for it.

but for the expense part, you could ask your parents to chip in some money because it WOULD be bringing them peace of mind
OMG...i'm a girl.

GOO INDIGO TEAM!

X
Tell her she's unreasonable and ignorant.

EDIT: On the topic of actually being helpful, you should apologize for cursing and explain that if she loved you she'd trust you. What evidence does she have of you ever doing anything like that? Maybe you can get her to think logically.
Rig

Jackson DK2M -> ISP Decimator -> Peavey 6505 Combo
Last edited by x_themetalfan_x at Oct 15, 2008,