Hey I'm looking to get a new amp and the only things that have caught my eye are the Bugera 6262 and the B52 AT112. As you can guess from the amps I'm looking at I like to play heavier music, metal, metalcore, hardcore, and occasionally some classic/hard rock but mostly heavier stuff. Good cleans are important too but the main focus is the overdrive channel. Just wondering if you could list any other options before I to amp hunting. I've looked at Oranges but cant find any prices, and I also like the traynor ycs50, but please list any options, and preferably new since I live in Ottawa and I checked craigslist, not much goin on. Budget is from $500-700 I guess. Jammable and Gigable and practicable (if those are even a word)
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
i got the b52 at100 witch is the half stack version of that and i love mine but the bugera is good 2 so its ur choice try them both and see wut u like
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
yea im liking the b52, and also, would it be good if I got a traynor ycv40 or 50blue or something that did clean good then put a nice overdrive/distortion in front of it
Gear:
Line6 UX2
If you're playing mostly heavier stuff I don't know if the ycv50 would cut it. I've never played the ycs though.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
is a Randall RG50TC any good? Sorry about my reposts, I'm just browsing online right now so I'm posting whatever I see.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
^That would be a great choice too, definitely look at that the bugera and the b-52. Maybe a used peavey 5150 or XXX if you can find one. A used f or dc series mesa would work great as well.
I've heard good stuff about all three of the amps (Bugera 6262, B52-At112, randall rg50tc)
personally, i want the b-52 once i get some money.
i've about reliablity about the OLD AT-112, but the company says they've fixed that problem with the new ones. unfortunatnly, guitar center near me only has the half-stack version :/
why get a new Bugera, or a B-52 when you could just get a PEavey 5150.
and no the traynor would not cover brotalz even with an OD, think more 80's hair metal.
Quote by mrxtreme_4
Hey I'm looking to get a new amp and the only things that have caught my eye are the Bugera 6262 and the B52 AT112. As you can guess from the amps I'm looking at I like to play heavier music, metal, metalcore, hardcore, and occasionally some classic/hard rock but mostly heavier stuff. Good cleans are important too but the main focus is the overdrive channel. Just wondering if you could list any other options before I to amp hunting. I've looked at Oranges but cant find any prices, and I also like the traynor ycs50, but please list any options, and preferably new since I live in Ottawa and I checked craigslist, not much goin on. Budget is from $500-700 I guess. Jammable and Gigable and practicable (if those are even a word)

Check out an RG50tc and a used 5150, though it's cleans are shite
It's a good metal amp and he says he focus' primarily on metal. You never know, he may actually like the cleans. Or he could fix them with a chorus. The 5150 probably does a metal sound best out of those
^Exactly, I've also heard biasing helps tons with those amps.
Alright so I've got a lot of amps to check out now, but I'd also like to know about the traynor ysc50, I'm really liking what I'm reading about it, but I'm reading mixed opinions that say it doesn't get heavy enough while others say it does. I guess I'm just going to have to try it myself but would putting a OD pedal in the loop help make a heavier distortion sound?
Gear:
Line6 UX2
If it's anything like the YCV50 then it's a good amp, maybe not great for metal. If you do test one, use an OD in front the amp, not in the loop.
TS - thank you for giving us the information in your first post, and more since.
SO often we have to pry it out of people. Well the Bugera 6262, Randal RG50tc, B-52 and 5150 are all going to be good amps for what you want to play. I heard the same thing about the 5150's and biasing for better cleans, you can actually do that with most bias adjustable amps. As well if you come across a used Peavey Ultra that would be a good amp to check out. Try them out and see what you think. Ottawa Clist is pretty lacking every time I have checked it too.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
TS - thank you for giving us the information in your first post, and more since.
SO often we have to pry it out of people. Well the Bugera 6262, Randal RG50tc, B-52 and 5150 are all going to be good amps for what you want to play. I heard the same thing about the 5150's and biasing for better cleans, you can actually do that with most bias adjustable amps. As well if you come across a used Peavey Ultra that would be a good amp to check out. Try them out and see what you think. Ottawa Clist is pretty lacking every time I have checked it too.

A used XXX could be good too
^ True, very true.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
. Ottawa Clist is pretty lacking every time I have checked it too.

Yeah, I don't really have a problem going used, but theres not much local used stuff for me to check out. I've also tried the XXX before and liked it, but like I said, its tough for me to find good used equipment.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Ok so I went to the store and tried out the traynor ysc50 and you guys were right, It wasn't heavy enough for what I wanted. I also tried a peavey ultra and it sounded pretty good and I would have got it if it was in better shape. I guess I'll just have to keep browsing, and feel free to keep suggesting or letting me know your opinion on any amp, Thanks.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
So I got the Bugera 6262 212 combo today!! First I tried out the 333xl combo right next to a 6260 to compare, and the distortion was quite different on both amps, it was difficult for me to decide. Then while pondering on which on to get I plugged into a 6262 and instantly fell in love with every channel on it, so I got it. However, I might have to return it because it is simply way to LOUD, even with a drummer I'll probably only get to 3 or 4, not even halfway. Also the bad reviews on it breaking down kinda turn me off a bit, if I end up getting an attenuator and effects that go well with this amp, I want it to last.
Anyways post what you like, words of positive feedback or negative towards the bugera, new suggestions also welcome.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Would I be able to afford a used mesa f-50 with my budget?
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Just found a mesa mark I for $800 is this a good deal, and is this a good amp fro high gain?
Gear:
Line6 UX2
shite, my Bugera just died, hopefully, the store will give me a full refund, damn.
Gear:
Line6 UX2
Oh!! I just found a mesa f-100 for $400, is this good.
Gear:
Line6 UX2