im dooomed i left my homework for the weekend thinking my quiz was next monday but my quiz is tomorrow and im so unprepared trying to do all my work but this stuff is pure madness

i got to do 3 assigments on parabolas,ellipses,hyperbolas

and i dont understand crap zero nada ni mierda

can someone point me to some links on how to do this stuff i tried googling some stuff but it has nothing to do with it or is at a very high school basic level or can someone tell me what i must learn to do this stuff?

any help is appreciated
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Don't you have notes?

i just copied what the teacher wrote on the board and i cant udnerstand what the hell is going on in the steps
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
hence why i don't take notes i just pay attention and write down stuff i know i won't remember later
hence why i don't take notes i just pay attention and write down stuff i know i won't remember later

you might remember better but very vaguely with notes you have the stuff and the process is just this thing that is pure madness to analyze

im looking at link other guy gave me and is too complicated to understand
http://www.math.com/tables/algebra/conics.htm
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff
can anybody give me some clue how can i set this problem in this format y= so ican put in on graph calculator

(x+2)^2=-8(y-1) i cant do square because then i would be unable to get y out and if i start distributing it becomes a mess

is there a way i can set this on my calculator so i can see how the graph looks?

or how do i know by looking at formula what kind of parabola is it like does it open downward, upward,right,left?
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Metal muff