So I got a bassist, drummer, and me on guitar and vocals. This isn't my normal band, we're just together to do the talent show at my high school. We've agreed we want to do alternative rock songs. We need 2-3 songs. So far we have "Say It Ain't So" by Weezer.

What are some good songs that would blend in well with that song? I would love some songs that everyone knew and would sing along with, possibly "Seven Nation Army".

Please keep guitar parts some-what simple. I'm not very good at playing while singing.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Quote by smartguyreviews
for suggesting seven nation army KILL YOURSELF

Agreed, "Smells like Teen Spirirt?"
Lol go easy on the poor boy :P a couple bands i would look into are the foo fighters maybe some finger eleven and possibly Pearl Jam. Im not sure what you playing experiance is or i could suggest some specific songs
Quote by werty22
P0nx don't even play instruments. P0nx sold their instruments for booze money. And they sold their booze for heroin money.

Mesa Gear Fund- $350/ $2,000
Quote by job153
Lol go easy on the poor boy :P a couple bands i would look into are the foo fighters maybe some finger eleven and possibly Pearl Jam. Im not sure what you playing experiance is or i could suggest some specific songs

I have a year and a half of experience. There is nothing wrong with "Seven Nation Army" simply because it is "easy". It's still a fun song that everyone knows, and thats kinda of the reason i'm playing at a talent show. To have fun.

I can't handle Eddie Vedder vocals, but if I could then yes.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Quote by stradivari310
Any popular Blink-182 song.

this. try dammit or all the small things those should go over pretty well
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Quote by Silent_Jester13
I have a year and a half of experience. There is nothing wrong with "Seven Nation Army" simply because it is "easy". It's still a fun song that everyone knows, and thats kinda of the reason i'm playing at a talent show. To have fun.

I can't handle Eddie Vedder vocals, but if I could then yes.

annoyingly generic with a half assed solo

play suffragette city
Quote by killerswan
How about "Cliched to hell".

Yea, my bad, I got nothing else
And are you going to write a bass line for 7 Nation Army?
Do Pashendale by Iron Maiden, because that's the song I'm listning to right now.

In all seriousness, gliserine is a good song.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Last edited by xEpidemicx at Oct 19, 2008,
Bound for the Floor - Local H.
Maybe some Offspring?
No one knows - Queens of the Stone Age
Sex and Candy - Marcy's Playground

Just some suggestions, not quite sure what you want, Alternative rock is really vague.
im thinking time like these - foo fighters, which would be an awesome finisher imo, since it's such an epic song. Others i got are

Morning Glory - Oasis (you COULD do wonderwall, but name a person who doesnt think it's been overdone)

Plug In Baby - Muse (granted you'll need to have a decent bass player, and you'll need to have a fair range, but if you have a lower voice, you could easily bring it down to your level, my band tried it a few years back, and worked out well )

Other bands you could go for are..

+ All American Rejects
+ The Getaway Plan
+ Queens of the stone age

But to be honest, we probs need to know how good your singing abilities are.
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter- Nirvana, cause that would be awesome. I also second the Foo Fighters ideas.
Eyes
Quote by woodenbandman
My dear man, I must petition you for photographic evidence, or the described events cannot be verified, and will be written off as fallacy.
Try a Red Hot Chili Peppers song, maybe Dani California, Can't Stop, By the Way Scar, Tissue, Otherside, Californication, Give it Away or Under the Bridge. Those are their most popular one. Of course, if you wanted to play Police Helicopter or something to that matter, it would be really cool.
Quote by smartguyreviews
annoyingly generic with a half assed solo

play suffragette city

+1 for David Bowie!
Lithium or...*drumroll*

ROCK LOBSTER!!
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~