Right now I have a little purple Ibanez GIO, I will get a new amp pretty soon, most likely a Peavey Vypyr 60

I like ESP's a lot, and I guess this Ibanez was pretty decent for the price, so those are my 2 favorite brands... Bc Riches look cool but not many of them have a whammy bar, which i really want... I like Floyd Roses, and I think Deans are way overpriced. I'm alright with Jacksons too

I want:

Something around 800$, 900$ at most
pickups: EMG's
Floyd Rose
I prefer colors: white and black, but its not a priority. any shape is good, as long as it sounds good and feels nice

My favorite bands are Avenged Sevenfold, Arch Enemy, Atreyu, Children of Bodom, Killswitch Engage
try an ibanez s series u can get for 600 and get 81-85 for 200 with install and ull have a beast plus the zr trem is far better than a floyd
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Actives will not sound bad through a solid state amp. I really don't know where people get this from.

When I changed pickups in a friends guitar from the stock ESP pickups to EMGs, there was a VERY noticeable difference in sound quality (in a good way), through my Vox AD30VT. Granted, they weren't great pickups to start with, but the point is, it didn't make it sound worse like people make it out to be. My SG sounded fine through my Vox with EMGs as does my friend's Jackson, Schecter and Ibanez.

Actives will just not quite do what they're designed to do, but it will not make a solid state amp sound bad.

As for the guitar, look for some used Ibanez Prestiges, ESPs (not LTD) or higher-end Jacksons. They will be vastly better than anything you can get for the price new.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 15, 2008,
The Vypyr 60 is a hybrid, will that change anything with the EMG's?

maybe i should just stick with passive pickups...
I really like that white jackson on the third post.