Decided to make use of my Epiphone Cab and use it for recording purposes. Which will make my life a bit easier when mic'ing and maneuvering stuff around. And since the stock speaker isn't made for metal and I have been wanting to test out a Vintage 30. I picked one up and replaced the Eminence Lady Luck that was loaded in there. She sounds better then my 4x12 cab now lol. Not that surprising those g12t-75's really need to go. The good thing is now that I know the Vintage 30's sound great with my rig I can pull the trigger the next time a set comes available. But until then im going give this little f*cker hell lol

Before

After
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Oct 15, 2008,
Sweet! And yes, I agree, Peavey amps sound like crap with G12T-75s
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com

That smiley looks kind of sarcastic, but it's not intended.
Nice!

But are you gonna use the V30s with the Valveking? B/c i hear a lot of people say that's not a good combination.
Maybe with the Ultra, but i've never played one...
O O

___
^Yeah! Mail me your ultra or it doesn't exist
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by gregs1020
And a new big fat wire going to it! Sweet upgrade, give it heII.

The wire is my favourite part...
O O

___
That looks like the speaker wire I got from lowes. Is that where you got it IP?
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Thanks everyone...

Actually can't remember where I got it Kevin, I purchased a big spool of it a while back and been using it to redo cabs people bring me. The sad part is the Epi speaker wire is bigger then what they use in Marshall cabs no matter the cost. Which actually surprised me a bit..
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
what surprises me is how those 4 little screws can hold up such a monster.

4 beefy lug nuts on the front would give it some br00tlZ mojo.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
what surprises me is how those 4 little screws can hold up such a monster.

PS. I would love for you to do a VK clip thru thar.

There good screws

Ill get one up as soon as I get the mic'ing down for it..
The Celestion looks bigger for some reason... probably just the angle of the pic.

on that note, i'm going to bed!
O O

___
nice job! was it an easy swap? i've bought a VJ cab (not here yet), and i might swap the speaker eventually, did the new one fit fine? all you had to do was unscrew the old one, screw in the new one and reattach the spade connectors (i think that's what they're called)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
nice job! was it an easy swap? i've bought a VJ cab (not here yet), and i might swap the speaker eventually, did the new one fit fine? all you had to do was unscrew the old one, screw in the new one and reattach the spade connectors (i think that's what they're called)?

Its pretty easy to swap.... Heres what I did..

Unscrewed the 20 or so screws holding on the back peice.
Unscrewed the 1/4 input jack mounting screw
Pulled back off (super snug fit and super soft material so be careful removing it)
Pulled 1/4 input jack our the backplate
Unscrewed the 4 screws holding the speaker in
Put speaker in box for storage
Took new speaker out of box and replaced 4 screws that hold the speaker in
Soldered a new 1/4 jack to speaker wire then soldered speaker wire to speaker.
(Everything is soldered, 1/4 jack and speaker from the factory. So I just found it easier to solder new stuff then unsolder, reuse and resolder.)
Replace 1/4 jack and back piece and your done.

Also the speaker fits in there quite nicely...
thanks very much! so you fitted a new jack as well, then? I'm guessing that'd be worthwhile, just i'm lazy...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yup its a bit more work, I mainly did it incase I ever get rid of the Epi cab I can throw the stocker back in without the hassle of resoldering everything. Plus I have spare parts so its easier just to grab a new one then re-use the old one so its a bit of lazy as well..
ah, yeah, that makes sense. good idea.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?