Hey,
Me again considering (still) about buying a new guitar. Ok so I was browsing and I stumbled across this quite cool looking guitar called the Jaxville Gothic. Its cheap, its a bit of a schectery style, so you know i'm interested. Only no one seems to know of its existence. No where can I find a review.
Anyone Help?
never heard of one, do you have a link?
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Doesn't tell you what kind of wood its made from?
Quote by Lunchbox362
Thats a serious copyright of a b.c. rich virgin. just compare.

http://www.bcrich.com/virgin.asp

Jaxville

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jaxville-Gothic-Electric-Guitar-Black/dp/B001E7TFTU

Dont buy this guitar, look slike crap. All B.C. Rich is too.

The jax's middle part of the headstock isnt as point as the BC Rich's

other than that they are like exactly the same.

Oh and not all BC Rich is crap. look at their higher-end guitars
But whats the point in buying a high-end guitar thats average, when you can buy an average guitar thats great?
Quote by Lunchbox362
But whats the point in buying a high-end guitar thats average, when you can buy an average guitar thats great?

That doesn't make any sense.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Last edited by Checker at Oct 15, 2008,
I get that. But an average guitar that is great is very contradicting.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
That Jaxville is different enough from the Virgin to not get a lawsuit. The overal size of each horn/headstock and all the angles are different. It looks similiar, yes, but not similiar enough to cause a lawsuit. Otherwise, you would have Fender suing every guitar maker for copying the strat.
So, everyone thinks its a bit crap?
See I'm undecided on three guitars really:

Ibanez GRG170 DX
Stagg X300
Or the Jaxville

What I'd really like is a Schecter, but I cant afford their prices
Last edited by Papa Luigi at Oct 16, 2008,
Quote by Papa Luigi
So, everythings thinks its a bit crap?
see I'm undecided on four guitars really:
Ibanez GRG170 DX
Stagg X300
Or the Jaxville

What I'd really like is a Schecter, but I cant afford their prices

I have the GRG and I think it's a superb quality guitar for the price, definetly better than a Stagg. No experience with the Jaxville though.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
Yeah?
See I was told they suck so you know! I dunno!
Its just I've got a crap guitar now and I just want something good, like my friends Ibanez Jem - I love playing that
I dunno
Quote by Papa Luigi
Yeah?
See I was told they suck so you know! I dunno!
Its just I've got a crap guitar now and I just want something good, like my friends Ibanez Jem - I love playing that
I dunno

Try the GRG170DX out if you can. People only say they suck because they are one of the lowest end models in the RG range, but they're damn good for the price. Of course they're not going to compare to a more expensive RG, but they're still decent.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
My GRG170DX lied to me. The tremolo was crying "PLAY WITH MEEEE." so I did. And my guitar combusted. It blew up.

No. RG > GRG. I'd take a hardtail over a lousy tremolo without a locking nut any day.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Your fault for playing with it

GRG is a great guitar, At some points I find it holding me back, but not nearly as much as other guitars would have. *oh and ps, for chording and jazz comping, BEWARE THE CRAMPS
Quote by T1TAN
Go on Gear4Music and look at the Squire Fender. it is a great guitar all round and is cheap.

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Squier-By-Fender-SE-Special-Strat-and-SP10-Amp-Pack-White/BQJ

It also comes in Black and Sunburst

And the thread is a year old....Seriously how do people dig up old what guitar to buy threads. Like there are quite a few of them already that are current.
the grg 170dx is a good guitar in that price range. (not a biased opinion).

if a manufacturer doesn`t list it`s construction chances are that its made from cheap plywood
Well dude, if everybody's throwing around lawsuit talk, buy that thing and if B.C Rich sues it'll be a collectors item one day like those lawsuit era Ibanezes.
Quote by RandomJahLove
Well dude, if everybody's throwing around lawsuit talk, buy that thing and if B.C Rich sues it'll be a collectors item one day like those lawsuit era Ibanezes.

Well, so far only a handful of people on a forum have mentioned the word lawsuit, so that hardly constitutes 'everyone'...

Also, those Ibanez guitars are sought after because they're very good, not because they went out of production (besides, despite their limited numbers and good quality, their prices haven't exactly gone through the roof. At all. In fact, they're no where near the roof).

In any case, TS, I'd recommend going for something along the lines of an Ibanez GRG170DX, a Yamaha Pacifica or a standard Squier. There's quite a lot of choice, though, so your best bet is to go to a local store and try some out.

That is, if you absolutely need a new guitar.

Your profile says you have a Fender Strat. Now, even if this is a Squier, why would you want a cheap second guitar? Unless you need a backup quickly, or you fell in love with a particular guitar after trying it out, the wisest thing to do is to avoid budget guitars and to save up and go for a more expensive, but better instrument.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Dec 26, 2009,