My crappy guitar's finish is starting to come off, how bad is this gonna effect my sound?
depends,where is it?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
not too much. unless the finish is really thick-layered and is starting to come off. what really matters is the wood.
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
hmm..

on the edge, on the back, about 4 inches towards the neck from the input jack. You can see a pic of my guitar on my profile
I don't think it will have any affect on your guitar's sound, or even the guitar at all. Unless the guitar's finish is so thick that it effects the vibration, etc... then you should be fine.
Plays:
Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 FR Limited
Parker Mojo Fly
Ibanez SZR 720
Tanglewood Evolution
LaPatrie Etude DEMO
'66 Hagstrom Viking I (customized)
SGR C-7 (defretted)
Agile Intrepid 828

Amp, Pedals:
Laney LV300
BOSS RC-20XL
It won't effect it at all if it's just small scratches and scuffs here and there. If you were to strip the whole finish off the guitar then it would make the guitar sound slightly 'brighter', but that's it. Even then that'd only happen if the wood the guitar body and neck was made of was the highest quality, most resonant wood around.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Sand it down to the wood, then put lacquer on it! I like my guitars like I like my women.. all natural
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
you won't notice unless you play a gig with eric johnson. then he will notice