Now, the teacher isn't exactly the most experienced but he had around 5 years of playing, along with many teachers. He knows his theory well and can play well, too. Since I'm stuck in a place where I'm not getting better, I might take lessons from this guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/MikeAnnan

He charges $1 per min on 30 min lessons.($30)

I figured, it's not that expensive, I'll try one lesson to see if I like it or not. Any thoughts on this?
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
I pay 14 bucks for 30 minutes. So I wouldn't take lessons from him.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Yeah dude, I'm paying $8 for 30 Minutes. See if you find someone maybe at the same level (If not better) for a little cheaper price. If you can't, then I guess your screwed...
Gear:
Epiphone Archtop Dot
Ibanez RG120
Peavey ValveKing 112
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss Distortion Ds-1
MXR Carbon Copy
Rocktron Banshee Talk box
lessons help, but find someone else.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
yah, you can get people who charge half of that for a lot more experience. I had a guy who was taking university courses on classical guitar for 10$ a half hour. but then he said that he was going to focus on playing instead of teching. And he let me play his 2000 $ PRS through his marshall stack for a little while at the end of each lesson for a little while
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff
We'll I'll see if he can lower the price. xD
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Hmm, seems like the part of New York has no lessons other than the music store + this guy. I'll ask my friend what the lessons here are.
Or you could get lessons from Chris Brodrick for $25 a half hour. I'm not advertising or anything (nor am I saying he's great, awesome, etc) but he definately has the credentials to give lessons.

But he's not giving lessons now, I think they will start back up by the end of next month though... Idk, check his website if you want more info, I don't really wanna say much because someone will probably report me for advertising or something

I am considering taking a few theory lessons/few guitar lesson from him when he's back, just for grins and giggles and also because I've been dying for a good theory teacher lately.
Actually it turns out he charges $20 if I go to his house(he's like 2 miles away) and he does 30-45min and hour lessons. I'll do it. He knows pretty much all of theory.
In 5 years? Did he spend all 5 of those years in a college studying music? If he didn't I doubt he knows all of his theory.
Actually he didn't, but I'm sure all of his teachers taught him.
Quote by AlucardZero
Actually he didn't, but I'm sure all of his teachers taught him.

Perhaps so, but sounds unlikely. My teacher went to college for 5 years and has 30+ years of experience with guitars and music. I only pay (Mom lol) $23 per 30 minutes, so I think you're guy is a little overpriced.

That is all.
Quote by Rickjames730
Perhaps so, but sounds unlikely. My teacher went to college for 5 years and has 30+ years of experience with guitars and music. I only pay (Mom lol) $23 per 30 minutes, so I think you're guy is a little overpriced.

That is all.

`Tis actually $20!
I payed $20 for thirty minutes for a Berkeley(sp?) School of Music grad. You getting a little ripped off.
A guy I know who is an amazing teacher has about 25 years experience in guitar, violin and voice and has a degree in music. He also has a pretty good setup that he teaches out of and is really organized with his lessons. I send alot of people to him and he charges $31.50 per hour.