Hey,
I'm looking to buy a new acoustic guitar in the next few months.. but im not sure what i should get. Currently i use a Washburn D10S.
I've heard a lot of good things about Takamine, so i've been leaning towards it a lot.

I like the body shape of the FXC series, but what are the pros and cons of it?

I'm looking to spend less then $1k on a new guitar.

I usually play a lot of pop rock songs.. like all time low, augustana, boys like girls, all-american rejects, green day, red jumpsuit apparatus..etc, and i'm trying to get into finger picking and strumming with my hands rather then then a pick. I've only been playing guitar for around 6 months now.

Any suggestions?
I have a Takaimine Gs340 and it serves me well! Only $300, a solid cedar top, and has great sound. It comes in the NEX body shape, but a dread. version is available as well.
Slipknot Fan.

Thanks, but I'm not God. If I were God, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer. –Axl Rose
Quote by shadowkid33
I have a Takaimine Gs340 and it serves me well! Only $300, a solid cedar top, and has great sound. It comes in the NEX body shape, but a dread. version is available as well.

I like the body shape,
do you know what the difference is between FXC and NEX?
Is there a major difference in sound between the dreadnought body shape and NEX/FXC bodyshape?
I don't know the difference between the NEX and FXC, but you could probably find that somewhere online. The NEX is almost the equivalent of a Grand Auditorium/Concert guitar by Taylor. The sound difference between this and the Dread. is the sound projection. The Dread. is louder, but that's the only difference as far as sound is considered.

The Dreadnought GS330S

The NEX GS340S
Slipknot Fan.

Thanks, but I'm not God. If I were God, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer. –Axl Rose