so im taking an electricity class and our teacher has these big boards with junction boxes on them to wire lights, outlets, and switches. so today he wanted us to do something like this.

power source- into a single pole switch- into a duplex recepticle- into another single pole that HAS TO REMAIN HOT even with another switch ahead of it and then a duplex behind the switch.

so we only can use 14-2 w/g. and the only thing i could think of was to splice the hot wire inside of the junction box, and run a seperate wire to the junction box of the outlet and pick that up with the wire goin to the second switch. but i cant do that. i only get the hot, nuetral, and ground. so how am i gonna do this?
Member of the Nick Grundy group

Creator of The American Bass Fishing Group <join it if you like to fish
dunno
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
You got a picture of this?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
You got a picture of this?

nah i aint got a camera. yes i know its the 21st century but when gas is raping you.... yea

Wat.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Can you like make me a diagram of this?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Can you like make me a diagram of this?

well if i make one on paint how do i post it?

Quote by thrilla13w

Quote by Slaytanic1993
screw it. i cant draw on paint.

as impractical as it seems, you'd probably be best off adding a junction box like you were saying. if you were using 14-3 awg you wouldnt have to because you could run a black white or red as a common to your last switch. he gave you quite the tricky one.