I. Am. Stuck.
When i got my guitar last year at christmas, i was ecstatic. It looked just like the ones Eric Clapton uses (black Strat, Squier), and the first song i wanted to learn was Crossroads Blues. I started going to a teacher, but after about 3 months I couldn't afford it. Now, 5 months later, I don't know any full songs, I only know a few excersizes and i can't seem to read any tabs unless they're out of Guitar World (I know how to read sheet music but don't know any notes). So please, PLEASE any help you can give will be appreciated, especially anything dealing with solos or solo-ettes. TY.
Well, songs aren't everything. Teach yourself music theory. It helps when you write songs which you should start doing at some point.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
From the thread title I thought you wanted help with the song For the Love of God...

Tabs are simple. On the left it shows the strings (EADGBE) and the numbers correspond to the frets on the guitar.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
From the thread title I thought you wanted help with the song For the Love of God...

Tabs are simple. On the left it shows the strings (EADGBE) and the numbers correspond to the frets on the guitar.

Same, lol.
I know how to read tabs, but it's the timing I have trouble with. For some strange reason, I can't read tabs and listen to music at the same time, but I can with sheet. Also, it's not that i'm not already trying (keyword:TRYING) to write songs, it's that there are some solos and songs, like Sunshine of your Love and Crossroad Blues (also pretty much anything by B.B. King) that I just really want to learn.

PS, Does anyone know of any simple Blues/Rock/Metal solos? Just something to practice on.
PPS, I was looking at a Faded Gibson V for about $600 a week ago, good for the price?
Youll get use to listening to music and using tabs at the same time thats i i know how to do i dont care about being able to read sheet music dont worry, it will come to you sooner or later.