I was wondering if I could record using the line-out on my amp into my interface? Would it be safe to have to cab hooked up to the head while doing this?
you don't need the cab for lineout
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
I think it should work if you just plug it straight into the computer. Since the sound card has a line out slot. I have my guitar going through a pre-amp first but I don't think you need that. The only problem might be sound quality.

Oh yeah you wouldn't need the cab part like the other guy said.
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
So I just plug it into the input of the MobilePre USB from the line-out to the computer?

So even thought its a tube amp I won't need a cab to keep a load on it?
yup
"This is gunna blow my cover but I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it"-Mitch Hedberg RIP
Thanks so much!

What would be the best software for just recording guitar? That is the only thing I ever plan on recording, so I need something good for that.
Quote by 82Camaro355
I was wondering if I could record using the line-out on my amp into my interface? Would it be safe to have to cab hooked up to the head while doing this?

If it says line-out or headphone out, it's fine. If it says speaker out, you'll fry your computer...and you'll need a DI box.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Yeah wait a sec lol
If its a tube amp you'll need a speaker load for sure (aka cab plugged in).
The method to do this really depends on what amp you have. Be 100% sure of what you're doing before trying it, because you can have a MAJOR $%?& up if you don't.