currently i have a b-51 at212 combo amp and it blows compared to some higher end tube heads. ive been looking at some high end heads and was only able to try out the peavy 6505 and that was actually VERY good when i tried it. then i played some marshall amp (forgot name) and it just wasnt a tight enough distortion for me, like it needed more bottom end for my taste. i was looking into engl amps and looked at some videos and it seems they are good ( ive never heard one live and no one has one in stock anywhere i live) as what im told it has a tight low end and distortion for modern metal. what would you guys do. buy something youve never heard live but is supposed to be broootal or something like a peavy that is almost what i would want in an amp.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
help me out please
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Well, I thought the B52 was good for metal, but maybe not for you. Please don't bump after 20 min. ENGL's are actually great for metal, super tight with tons of gain. You could get a screamer for like 1000. If you liked the 6505, you could get a used 5150 for like 500
no need to bump after 20 minutes. thats just obnoxious. if you liked the peavey, go for it. if you want an ENGL, buy it and make sure the place has a good return policy