What are some recommended pedals to go with an AC30? I just got mine and I'm loving it, could definately use an overdrive though. My current influences are Sleepercar, ATDI, Sparta, Against Me! Radiohead, The Clash, Pearl Jam, Neil Young, Band of Horses.
a medium distortion/overdrive (like a tubescreamer), a delay, and a wah. With those three you can do a lot.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
....also, a boost/treble boost. This would really help with radiohead, pearl jam, and some Neil young.
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
Delay is always nice to have, and wah is almost considered to be standard.

Check out an MXR Carbon Copy and a Vox V847A if you're on a tight budget. Otherwise, look into a Memory Man/maybe an Eventide and some sort of RMC wah depending on what you play.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I already have a decent delay, (not great though, Ibanez DE7) and an old Crybaby. So a overdrive and treble boost should be the next step?
do not, do not, do not fall into the UG trap of a TS808 being the end all tubescreamer. It is not. At $170, you can go boutique and quality, instead of overhyped and weak sounding. Have a look at some of the lesser known brands, go to www.proguitarshop.com and look at the videos. Pick one you like, many are under $200. everyone here thinks "i have tubes, i want overdrive, i need a tubescreamer because it pushes my tubes harder" Thats bullshit. All a tubescreamer does it clip the signal, and the ts808 isn't even that good. Anyway, go look outside of ibanez. you'll thank yourself later

another famous AC30 sound is with a treble boost, like brian may of queen, so if you want that look at the Analogman Beano boost or the Lovepedal Eternity overdrive (this is a great pedal, check it out!)

sorry if that sounded like an anti-UG/ibanez rant, i just wanted to make a point...

EDIT: yeah, rangemasters are great but they aren't made anymore. you need to get a clone
Last edited by s.r.v. at Oct 15, 2008,
Quote by acdcrocks0323
I think a Rangemaster or similar treble boost is a must.

+1
Listen to some Brian May

EDIT:
Quote by s.r.v.
do not, do not, do not fall into the UG trap of a TS808 being the end all tubescreamer. It is not. At $170, you can go boutique and quality, instead of overhyped and weak sounding. Have a look at some of the lesser known brands, go to www.proguitarshop.com and look at the videos. Pick one you like, many are under $200. everyone here thinks "i have tubes, i want overdrive, i need a tubescreamer because it pushes my tubes harder" Thats bullshit. All a tubescreamer does it clip the signal, and the ts808 isn't even that good. Anyway, go look outside of ibanez. you'll thank yourself later

another famous AC30 sound is with a treble boost, like brian may of queen, so if you want that look at the Analogman Beano boost or the Lovepedal Eternity overdrive (this is a great pedal, check it out!)

sorry if that sounded like an anti-UG/ibanez rant, i just wanted to make a point...

+1000000
If I had 170 I would def be looking at an OCD or some other botique
another one to check out is the zvex box of rock, I think a few clips of that are through an ac30
Rangemaster clone! Although for your interests you might wanna consider going with something more versatile first, then getting a treble booster later for the more vintage sounding stuff.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
AC30s are pretty picky with OD pedals. I'd stay away from the OCD.
I'd say definitely a treble booster, one with a switchable boost range (mid and full boost, most good TBs will have that)
A tubescreamer is good to have but not entirely necessary with the AC30CCs due to the master volume.
Yeah, treble booster. For that Gallagher/May tone. Does nobody realise that May actually nicked his rack from Rory? I wouldn't call it theft, but, well, it sort of was. Kudos to him for still sounding like himself.
If you really want a little green box, go with the OD808 by Maxon instead of the TS808.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
I'm using a metal muff with my AC30...
Desperate Times, Desperate Measures.
I wonder how a Boss Blues Driver would sound through that bad boy.

Other than that a delay and a wah will do well.
My Rig.
Destroyed.. UGH
Ibanez RG321MH w/ EMG 81/85, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster
--
1967 Fender Princeton
Boss TU-2 --> Boss MT-2 --> Maxon OD9 -->Boss DD-6
--
Past Gear:
5150 Blockletter, Avatar 412, Vox AC30, ISP Decimator.