I have a Crate V-series 18W, which gets good Vox-esque sounds.

Now, I want an amp for Fender-y sounds, I was thinking a Blues Jr. the only problem is with the tubes that close to the speaker, isnt heat dissipation an issue?

Also I have to go over some bumpy roads to get to gigs, (unfortunately the city has the worst roads), so since the tubes are relatively exposed, I'm afraid of them breaking. Would this be a problem?
I wouldn't worry, you'd do just as much damage to the crate. They aren't gonna move far enough to actually hit anything. Just make sure you give them a good once over when you get there to make sure they haven't wiggled out. I drove my F-30 30 miles in a somewhat rough riding truck with no ill effects.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
if you're worried, pop the tubes out and put them in a box or something. It probalby won't matter though, what do you think the amp went through to get to you?

and no the heats not a problem
Quote by neptune1988
I have a Crate V-series 18W, which gets good Vox-esque sounds.

Now, I want an amp for Fender-y sounds, I was thinking a Blues Jr. the only problem is with the tubes that close to the speaker, isnt heat dissipation an issue?

Also I have to go over some bumpy roads to get to gigs, (unfortunately the city has the worst roads), so since the tubes are relatively exposed, I'm afraid of them breaking. Would this be a problem?

Shouldn't be a big deal. You could just take out the tubes. But, a word of advice. It sounds like you plan to use this for gigs. You WILL have trouble keeping a clean sounds at giggable volumes. Of course, you will probably be miced
and yeah the SRV guy is right I guess,they had to deliver them in a semi to the store anyway. They can take anything, well you know what I mean.

The heat may be an issue I have to just work out on my own.
the heat won't be an issue. it hasn't been for the thousands of other blues junior owners
Never had an issue with heat. You should be fine TS, they are great little amps IMO.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Never had an issue with heat. You should be fine TS, they are great little amps IMO.

I guess it just a phobia. They ARE great amps.
the heat dosent to jack man... dont worry about it... if it wa sa problem fender would have re designed teh amp so it wouldent be
the only problem i have with a blues jr. is it is the least fendery sounding fender amp due to the power tubes it has. good sounding amp though, to me it sounds like a ac-15 and a hotrod deluxe had a baby.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Yea I don't mean to throw you a curveball here, but if you really want a Fendery sound I wouldn't get a Blues Junior. The whole Hot Rod series doesn't really have that classic Fender sound. If you want a good Fender for clean, look at a Deluxe Reverb. But the Blues Jr. isn't bad by any means.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Dont worry about the tubes falling out. On the way home from buying mine, we drove on pretty bumpy roads. Like you I was super worried and cringed at every bump, but when we got home I gave it a once over and thier were no problems at all. If worst comes to worst and after the first trip the tubes do fall out, just pop em into a box for the trip.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
i've had issues with heating actually, so yes it is an issue. but only every 2 years or so, maybe it was a two time deal
Tube amps are supposed to get hot.

Electrons are BOILING off of a plate of metal. What you thought that it wouldn't become hot?
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Come on guys, this thread is two months old

Quote by MOOSE_CCR99
Dont worry about the tubes falling out. On the way home from buying mine, we drove on pretty bumpy roads. Like you I was super worried and cringed at every bump, but when we got home I gave it a once over and thier were no problems at all. If worst comes to worst and after the first trip the tubes do fall out, just pop em into a box for the trip.

*reported* Don't bump dead threads.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
oops sorry i wasnt paying attention.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600