Well tonight i had a football game, i play on the junior varsity squad. Not to brag, or be cocky, but i had the best game of my life(im a Fullback and D End). well, the head coach of the varsity wants to talk to my dad tommorow, and word is that i might be playing on varsity. well this puts me in a bad spot, as in if i go to Varsity, i piss off all my friends on the JV squad, if i stay on JV, i'll piss off the head varsity coach.

how do i know that my friends will get mad? well i left the freshman team last year, and none of them talked to me for a good bit.

also, i dont think im ready for varsity, im not big,fast, or agresive enough, imho, but i dunno.

opinions on the subject?

EDIT: forgot to say, im a sophmore!
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Last edited by metalwarrior40 at Oct 15, 2008,
You should get as much experience as you can before moving up. It doesn't matter who gets pissed, it was your choice to play, and if you have a choice, then it's yours who to play with.
talk to your coach about it and talk to you friends about it.

this is about 4 posts and no mention of fap rape or anything.....wow.
good job pit good job
go to varsity your jv friends will move up later, dont pass up the chance......i didnt play varisty football til my senior year, and i wish i couldve been on varsity all 4 years
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
move at your own pace, being that position before i stayed in jv, **** the coach, you know, regain that respect, it was one game in jv, not one game in varsity, get what im saying? i'd stay back, get as much experience as possible, good luck
Quote by scissormetimber
if theyre good friends they will understand

This. Talk to your coach and tell him if and why you think you're not ready. See what he has to say.
^ I know, im not upset about it, but i mean, what happened pit?^

wheres the

heheh rape teh coach lololololololo

thanks everyone for the honest opinions, keep them coming
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
i'd do it. if they're decent friends, they'd be very supportive. I also play jv (basketball, not football), and I know for a fact if I was moved up, everyone would be extremely happy for me.
what?? why wouldnt you want to be in varsity, to get better you need to play with more skilled opponents, and your friends should support you
I'd do it. If you get varsity experience no you'll be ahead of the game when the majority of your class moves up. They might be pissed now, but in a year or two, they'll be looking up to you a lil'
Fight the machine.

Quote by slaveofsatan
She lives in the next town!

You must ride your family cow over there and make sweet small town love. Then make sure she isn't the town bicycle.

Ressort (Click to Help Ressort!)
If you feel that you are ready for Varsity (you were expressing some concern about that in your post), then you should do it. If you feel that you are not quite ready and should spend another year in JV, do it.
Got a question about Baritone guitars? Feel free to PM me.

Thanks to UG, I converted from Metalcore to some "real" Metal.
Dude go to Varsity that's what it's all about. Plus I don't think you can really say no because on my team it was if the coach told you to do something you do it. You wanna be on your coaches good side too.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
tell 'em you have ebola. if they ask any questions, start bleeding out of your nipples.
who cares what your friends think.

just go for it and do what you want to do. if they don't accept it, in the words of that mayhem guy, "if they don't like it, **** THEM! that's why we are here!"

EDIT: interview - http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=C0HX8d3SKzA
Gear:
.Fender Classic Series '70s Stratocaster
.Peavey Classic 30
.Xotic BB Preamp
.MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
.Vox V847A Wah
.Boss RC-2 Loop Station
.Washburn WI-24 (first guitar )
Going up to varsity can do nothing but make you better. The coach obviously feels you're ready to move up because you've played well and you should. You may not start right away but your skills will progress quickly and you'll be up there soon. Plus you'll have a jump on varsity for next year.

Friends that get mad at you for doing your best aren't good friends. It's not like you won't see them at school anymore.

Quote by caskettheclown

this is about 4 posts and no mention of fap rape or anything.....wow.
good job pit good job

Fap fap rape fap.
the longer you are on varsity the better you will be come your senior year. if your friends get pissed for you bettering yourself then they're not that good of friends anyway. if i where you id go varsity, they're not gonna throw you to the dogs before your ready. and youll be better off for it, if you go. like i said come your senior year, youll have that extra training than the rest of the team, cause if your school is anything like mine then the varsity team works out a lot more than jv. plus aggression is not something you can be trained at, if your not aggressive enough now you probably never will be unless something dramatic happens
Quote by SenseS FaiL
what?? why wouldnt you want to be in varsity, to get better you need to play with more skilled opponents, and your friends should support you

^ This is a great answer!

PS First rape the coach and hve your friends Fap on him j/k someone had to do it
Quote by dubstar92
A few years a ago, I played with it alot and got my time down to 42 secs. Right now, I'm probably around a 55 sec average.
your friends should realize that this is a good opportunity for you to get varsity experience and become a better player
go to varsity.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Quote by Shinsen88
This. Talk to your coach and tell him if and why you think you're not ready. See what he has to say.

This.

Besides, your proabably are a lot more capable than you think you are. Everyone is like that. You think you can't do it, but you get in there, you do what your supposed to do and things start going your way.

My freshman year, I tried out for our varsity hockey team. Some one got injuried on day one. After a week of practice, the coach told me that I was on the first line with our two senior captains. BIG SHOCKER. I went in. Did what I was taugh and I was able to compete.

Next season, I was very excited. I was coming back from a big year. Ironicly suffered a season ending injury on the first day of practice. Was never the same again and played a much smaller role my junior and senior years.
seriously, play varsity.

that's the main goal in high school is to play on the varsity squad.

not to mention i've been in your position.

head coach asked me to play, i turned em down (bad decision)

but i still suited up for the varsity games just incase.

turns out the guy that i back up got injured, and i got to actually get on the field on a friday night.

It was the best thing ever. You get so much more pumped up on friday nights.

go for it seriously. i wish i woulda played the whole season like coach asked.

plus, more experience for your next two years.

you asked for a serious answer.. :P
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by metalwarrior40
Well tonight i had a football game, i play on the junior varsity squad. Not to brag, or be cocky, but i had the best game of my life(im a Fullback and D End). well, the head coach of the varsity wants to talk to my dad tommorow, and word is that i might be playing on varsity. well this puts me in a bad spot, as in if i go to Varsity, i piss off all my friends on the JV squad, if i stay on JV, i'll piss off the head varsity coach.

how do i know that my friends will get mad? well i left the freshman team last year, and none of them talked to me for a good bit.

also, i dont think im ready for varsity, im not big,fast, or agresive enough, imho, but i dunno.

opinions on the subject?

EDIT: forgot to say, im a sophmore!
You owe your loyalty to your school and your coach, not your squad. Neither aspire to move to Varsity, nor resist it. Your friends will support you however this turns out. If not, they aren't friends.

Your coach will tell you if you're ready or not. He has more experience in these matters than you do. Trust him. It would be easier to stay on JV. But easier doesn't mean better. You'll have to work harder to keep up, but your skills will grow faster.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.