Can someone explain why there's a wire grounded to the claw on my Strat? Can't I just ground it to a pot casing?
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
if its not grounded to the claw... when you touch the strings you will hear an awful buzzing sound....similar to the sound you hear when your fingers touch a live plug
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
It is grounded to the trem claw specifically because when you touch the strings, it grounds through you.

Trem claw > bridge > strings >YOU > earth.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
I can't get electrocuted by accidentally touching the claw, can I? I prefer to keep the trem cover off because it's easier to adjust the claw and change strings. And IMO I think it looks bad with it on.
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
no you can't get electrocuted... unless your amp seriously malfunctions and decides to send the power from your wall into your guitar.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Quote by Øttər
no you can't get electrocuted... unless your amp seriously malfunctions and decides to send the power from your wall into your guitar.

I had an amp that did that.

I shouldn't have sold it - it was quite the party trick
Quote by GuyWithOneEye
I can't get electrocuted by accidentally touching the claw, can I? I prefer to keep the trem cover off because it's easier to adjust the claw and change strings. And IMO I think it looks bad with it on.

Why would you need to adjust the claw so much? Basically once your guitar is set up it should stay where it is for a very long time.
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Perhaps he has a Floyd.

Also... how could you think a COVER over an ugly hole looks worse than the ugly hole??
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I have a floyd.... and unless you are changing the guage of your strings you never need to make that adjustment
Total Failure

Quote by guitar/bass76
I had an amp that did that.

I shouldn't have sold it - it was quite the party trick

that's 'effing genious!
BACK LIKE A HEART ATTACK