Trying to play that^ but over and over in a Maiden song "out of the silent planet", the tab says power chord but i hear single notes at that 3/4 note style Maiden uses. But just for learning purposes how do you play a power Chord like ^ without single picking, no downstrokes, it seems weird to play it with alternate picking.
LOL
Do you mean playing powerchords fast? In a lot of metal and punk its just downstrokes.'
I'm not sure if I know what you mean.
yeah playing them fast, so its just downstrokes? Their wouldn't be a way to alternate pick them huh? thanks for the help!
LOL
He is asking how to tremolo-pick powerchords. I am kinda curious, myself.
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
up-down-up-down....I believe, its the same concept as alternate picking...I dont know, I usually just tremolo pick the 7th fret and then when I want it to ring I just form the powerchord shape and let it ring...that might not make much sense..but oh well.
but how can you go up down, that would be opposite of 97 power going up to 7 then 9.
LOL
Quote by SiKh22
but how can you go up down, that would be opposite of 97 power going up to 7 then 9.

You can do it the same way that a G Maj Chord is still a G Maj Chord when you strum up: It isn't the order of the notes played that produces the chord, it's the collective sound produced by the notes being played together.

(Although technically a power chord isn't a "chord," the same concept applies.)
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Quote by kranoscorp
He is asking how to tremolo-pick powerchords. I am kinda curious, myself.

it's not tremolo picking, it's just fast rhythm playing - there's a difference
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yes but when you pick up it changes sound of songs. But I think i know what you mean like really fast maiden style tripletty style picking? If so you use sort of a strange thing. What i do is two down strokes with on light upstroke (like faster than a normal stroke) then followed by a faster down. Hard to explain, mainly down but some ups
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
Quote by Varkunus
yes but when you pick up it changes sound of songs. But I think i know what you mean like really fast maiden style tripletty style picking? If so you use sort of a strange thing. What i do is two down strokes with on light upstroke (like faster than a normal stroke) then followed by a faster down. Hard to explain, mainly down but some ups

The galloping rhythm?
listen to out of the silent planet by Maiden, you hear in the background a fast powerchord doesn't sound like a single note but a chord.
LOL
yeah, it is all down picking. To build your wrist up for chugging, just sit ther playing

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on the e string for as long as you can once a day and you will eventualy get james hetfields famous rythm speed
Gear:
Aria lawsuit V
epiphone E-310 strat copy
peavey vypyr 15
boss blues driver II
Kramer striker 100st (invader pickup)
Randall RG50tc

EHX Metal Muff