Okay. I've narrowed it down to two-ish guitars. Once again, I'm going for an alternative, punk, and pop/punk type sound. I'll be playing out of a Mesa F-50, a Traynor YCS50, or a Traynor YCV50 Blue.

1. Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster Reissue

OR

2. Epiphone Les Paul Custom

So yes! Thoughts and comments!
Last edited by Raxef at Oct 18, 2008,
Epiphone.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Tele.

But if you're willing to spend around $1000 for the Epi Elitist, why not spend that money on the Tele?
fender... i love mine
Gear:
Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar Ash
Bugera 333XL 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby >> Korg Pitchblack Tuner >> MXR Carbon Copy >> Boss DS-1
I would go for the Tele. That's me though...for the type of music you're playing I would take the Les Paul.
Tele cuse i love '72s and because i showed off my epi sg and they ewwed me cuse they thought epi was a gibson copy both are nice guitars but out of my opinion and in your style the lp the custom and the elitist are both really nice guitars
Bah. I still can't decide after playing them. Any guitar gurus out there willing to offer me some sage advice?
With $1000, you could pretty much build your own custom Tele. Body and neck from Guitar Mill. Pups from some boutique pup-maker. And hardware from All Parts.
Quote by Iceman 420
With $1000, you could pretty much build your own custom Tele. Body and neck from Guitar Mill. Pups from some boutique pup-maker. And hardware from All Parts.

Well, I'm trying not to spend over 800-900 dollars max. The guitar will probably cost 600-700 dollars for either one, and if I'm really good at haggling, even less. I threw in the higher budget in case I wanted to buy new hardware, such as pots, switches, humbuckers, as well as a proper set up, if need be.
Quote by Iceman 420

Agreed, if you have $1,000 for a guitar you shouldn't be looking at a stock Epiphone. You should be buying stuff off eBay to make your perfect guitar with.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Raxef
Well, I'm trying not to spend over 800-900 dollars max. The guitar will probably cost 600-700 dollars for either one, and if I'm really good at haggling, even less. I threw in the higher budget in case I wanted to buy new hardware, such as pots, switches, humbuckers, as well as a proper set up, if need be.

Still, with that budget you could still be able to get a better guitar over all if you buy eBay. Not only bodies and necks, but even hardware and pick-ups.
Quote by guitarsonist
Get the tele if you want your guitar to look ugly as hell.

You do realize many people such as myself and, as he's looking at one, the topic starter, find the tele sexy? Would an ugly guitar really survive 58 years? Maybe through to the 70's, but once newer companies like Ibanez, BC Rich an Paul Reed Smith came in, it'd be dead if everyone hated it. It's primitive, but nonetheless beautiful in it's post-WWII economical simplicity IMO.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by guitarsonist
Get the tele if you want your guitar to look ugly as hell.

i kind of agree but it really is just a matter of taste.

but i do reckon humbuckers are generally a better choice for most music.