Flame away if you want just lookin for some help. I read through the FAQ and searched, didnt find what I was lookin for.

I know it sounds wierd, but I have been playing bass for years and years, but never had to buy my own bass amp until now. So I Think im going to spring for a combo amp, but I dont have that much cash. What im asking is what would be the proper wattage for small to medium venues? Im thinking 200W, but I dont know. Im sure I can mic it but I would just rather be loud enough.

Also, anybody ever hear of Acoustic Amps? I havent until a recent trip to guitar center, and after researching, I feel like its quality. Ive been looking at this one...right here

Let me know what you think and thanks for the help
get it, wonderful amp. may be getting one myself.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Acoustic is a good brand, a lot of people recommend them. Really, though, it comes down to what sound you like.

As for wattage... I'm not an expert. Some people say buy the most you can afford, when I asked I had people saying I needed anywhere from 180 to 450. Best bet, I guess, would be to talk to bass players who have played at the kinds of venues you're looking at.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX