I don't know if this or the Punk forum is the right place for this but I will give it a shot. Who listens to The Talking Heads? I have liked them for a while but have really been getting into them recently and got their first 3 albums. David Byrne is one weird guy, but that's why I love him.
I gots to stick up for folks in the punk forum, so I must say that this band would be well received there, no matter where they actually fall stylistically.

Me personally, I enjoy them. Stop Making Sense is great. I lost my DVD at some point in time, and that has been a devastating loss, but I've still got the audio cd, so I'm able to get by.
Yeah, I don't see how this wouldn't fit in the punk forum, as they were a huge part of the New York scene.

I have such mixed feelings about the Talking Heads. I haven't really gotten into Talking Heads '77 yet, but I have so much respect for them. On the other hand though, I've seen their live DVD and have a live vinyl, and they were both great, so I think maybe I just haven't given '77 enough of a chance.
They deserve so much credit though.
DOWN&OUT
I love '77. I think they would fit in the Punk forum they played CBGBs in the early days so they were pretty mixed into the early punk scene, but I thought this forum would be a little more appropriate. I am going to get Remain In Light soon because it is considered their best album by a lot of people.
gah, i don't enjoy '77. fear of music's not bad at all. i think i like remain in light and speaking in tongues equally.
Quote by Jett Diamond
Yeah, I don't see how this wouldn't fit in the punk forum, as they were a huge part of the New York scene.

I have such mixed feelings about the Talking Heads. I haven't really gotten into Talking Heads '77 yet, but I have so much respect for them. On the other hand though, I've seen their live DVD and have a live vinyl, and they were both great, so I think maybe I just haven't given '77 enough of a chance.

Check out the Eno work and Speaking in Tounges.
Remain in Light is seriously my all-time favorite album.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
I know nothing about them outside of the song "(Nothing But) Flowers".

Love the song, though.

I need to delve into their disco more.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by Jett Diamond

Not a good album. Get Remain in Light.
Quote by Guns N' r0ses
I think its 18 in california but I'm just wonderin cuz if i get caught then I can be like "well legally im allowed to watch it" and they'll be like "k koo"
You all have inspired me to go check out Remain in Light and Naked, just to see if I can get into these guys. Thank you!
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Yiggity Yins
I CANNOT GET INTO talking heads...I dunno why...I just don't like their type of music...I have Remain in Light...I've listened to it a few times but I just can't get into it any suggestions

Listen to it with headphones and just marvel at how busy it can be without seeming cluttered.
Or maybe try Little Creatures, it's more "conventional" and a lot easier to get into. Then hunt out More Songs... and Fear of Music 'cause they're amazing.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I am listening to Remain In Light now, it is fantastic. The world music influence is WAY apparent in this album. I hope Once In A Lifetime doesn't get permanently associated with W. or I will probably kill myself.

I loved it when I heard that song in the trailer.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
I love the Talking Heads. They bring back memories of when I was a little tyke and my dad used to play them all the time.
Quote by mbbmalcolm
I love the Talking Heads. They bring back memories of when I was a little tyke and my dad used to play them all the time.

Your dad listens to the Talking Heads? That's pretty cool.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
Quote by RHCP94
I loved it when I heard that song in the trailer.

Yeah but whenever a song is eternally linked to a movie it kills the song.

In other news, today in band we were told to think of a song to suggest to order for pep band so my friends and I are gonna ban together and try to get him to order Burnin' Down The House.
Love the Talking Heads I have to say, I like alot of their early work and prefer it more over the later stuff.

In order, my favorites are:

1) More Songs About Buildings and Food
2) Remain in Light
3) Fear of Music
4) '77

I do like their 80's stuff as well, but for some reason I am enamored with the original 4-piece recordings.
Quote by HiImKindaNewAnd
Your dad listens to the Talking Heads? That's pretty cool.

I got into them from my parents as well.
don't know how i didn't post in this thread when it first came around, guess i will make up for it now.

'77 is ok, at best. everything after that is pretty wonderful, especially Fear of Music.
jumped back into Talking Heads this week, they are pretty much all i have been listening to these past few days.

such a great band, i don't think that can be stressed enough.