i have a sg that i have recently put emgs into it and they almost have no gain at all also even with my marshall solid state stack turned all the way up i cant hear my clean channel i know it is not me having a solid state amp because it would be a tonal problem . i have put in all of the pots and the input jack. i have tried re saldering the wiring and checking all of the connections what can i do
Sounds like your input jack isnt turning on the emg's. Double check your wiring on the input jack and bend the contacts in a little so it contacts really well.

*shudder* EMG's through a marshall solid state
take it to a tech.

It's likely some small error that a different eye might catch
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
are they active or passive? how close are they to the strings? the closer the louder!

jym
did you switch out the pots when you installed the pups into the guitar? the old ones that were in there might not be able to handle the EMGs
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by shredhead22
did you switch out the pots when you installed the pups into the guitar? the old ones that were in there might not be able to handle the EMGs

good call! i do recall with my emg i put in my iby that they suggested 500k full size pots for the most output.