I was shopping for an electric acoustic with a cutaway today and fell in love with this Mitchell SD-100. It was just under my budget and I fooled around with it and it sounded great. I get home, put it in tune, and it sounds "tinny" and it sounds like i'm buzzing strings but I know my fingers are on the fretboard correctly. I feel like the strings are flapping against something. I tried without a pick and i can't tell there's an issue. Once I strike chords with a pick is when I hear it.

I made a video, the audio is recorded via the electric output with no effects. I am having this problem in both electric and acoustic mode. I really hope the problem is not me. I have two other acoustics and don't have this problem so i'm thinking it's the guitar. Oh, and i'm not actually trying to make music, i'm a beginner and just strumming erratically.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=44711181
Not too sound stupid but maybe its the pick hitting it? I can't tell from the video and I'm not too fimiliar with acoustics. Maybe your strumming angled?
Sounds fine to me. Maybe your using a heavy pick? Try a flappy thin one for strumming chords. It also sounds like the strings are kinda new. They will probably be a little bright for a while and then mellow-out some.
Quote by ClassAxe
Sounds fine to me. Maybe your using a heavy pick? Try a flappy thin one for strumming chords. It also sounds like the strings are kinda new. They will probably be a little bright for a while and then mellow-out some.

Exactly. Nothing to worry about bro.
[[Current Projects:La Villa Strangiato , Cygnus X-1 ]]
Ibanez SA120
Digitech RP350 Modified
Fender Princeton 650
DR Color Coats
Slinky Hybrids
Gator Grips 2.0mm
How much of a beginner are you?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I was going to say Low action, but saw the vid, nothing to worry about, trust the other people who said that
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Quote by steven seagull
How much of a beginner are you?

Thanks for all the replies! I'm only 1 month into learning guitar. I will have one of my guitar friends at work take a look at it and see. I'm sure it's fine. But, I will let everyone know what the final verdict is.
You're proably just not particuarly good at holding the strings down yet - my fretting was still decidedly shoddy after only a month
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ya sounds like your not pushing down with your fingers hard enough, but acoustics are harder too.
sounded fine to me.

just sounds like a cheaper pickup system, but that's to be expected. i didn't hear any buzzing or anything.