I read alot about EMG's sounding awful through SS amps (which they do through my old beginner amp... along with my other guitar) so I have a few questions. Does the Ad50VT have a tube in the Preamp or Poweramp? Do the EMG's affect it nearly the same way they would affect pure valve amps? The second part is that I do not need nearly all 50watts of my amp so I want to downsize/upgrade at the same time... I know, but i am on a tight tight budget

Here are some of my options after I sell the amp, open to more.

1) Buy the upcoming VT15 with twice the amps and an Octave effect instead of auto wah. Have some cash left over for a real wah

2) Buy a very small tube combo with a modeling pedal to give me sounds from Tool to Cream to ZZ Top
Agile AL-3100 Rootbeer Wide w/SD SH-15 in bridge
Washburn X10 -cheap
Ibanez GIO -cheaper
Peavey XXX Super 40 112
Vox VT15
Small tube combo FTW!
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
the tube in the ad50 is cold plated. its more or less a gimmick so they can say "buy this it has tubes"

its still a decent amp though. unless the downgrade in wattage is that important for you, id say stick with what you got
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
yeah I need somethin for my dorm room so mine is a bit on the bigger/heavier side
Agile AL-3100 Rootbeer Wide w/SD SH-15 in bridge
Washburn X10 -cheap
Ibanez GIO -cheaper
Peavey XXX Super 40 112
Vox VT15