Hey,

So I’ve been searching for a new amp lately and I have about $950NZD/$580USD/$335GBP at first was thinking on buying the Marshall Mg250dfx or the Fender Frontman 212R or something like that new, and now I’m totally off those mostly cause of you guys telling me how bad they are haha. So I can buy the Marshall AVT 275 second hand for $950NZD/$580USD/$335GBP and I think it is a really good amp. They guy who’s selling it said he brought it new for $1,700NZD/$1,040USD/$600GBP and its two years old in mint condition.

I play mostly pop-punk to punk-rock to rock and was wondering what your guys opinion on the amp is for price, sound and if it would suit me.

Thanks a lot.
Why would you spend that much money on an amp that has a solid-state poweramp that's not a Randall?

Why not spend that $600 bucks on a legit tube combo?

I'd say look at a tube combo, something like the Peavey Windsor if you want a good Marshall-esque crunch, or you might be able to find a Peavey XXX for like $400 used on ebay or craigslist or something.

Just my two cents.
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
Is there any other comments about the marshall? in your opinion is it a good amp?
umm i dont think it is as bad as many people make out but you could get better for the money, the distortion channel is pretty muddy and lifeless. Maybe a dsl401 would be better if your keen to sticking to a marshall.
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus
For £335 GBP you could get a better amp than the AVT. In my experiences AVT's have been pretty sterile, and at loud volumes sound bitter. Maybe try and find a used Tiny Terror head (If you're lucky you could get for around £200, they're £300 new) and an avatar cab maybe? The Tiny Terror is fine for rock and I'm sure it could do punk-rock.
Quote by AdamDK
For £335 GBP you could get a better amp than the AVT. In my experiences AVT's have been pretty sterile, and at loud volumes sound bitter. Maybe try and find a used Tiny Terror head (If you're lucky you could get for around £200, they're £300 new) and an avatar cab maybe? The Tiny Terror is fine for rock and I'm sure it could do punk-rock.

avts aren't great. what country are you in, new zealand?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea new zealand. the amps they sell aren't the best in the shops and the second hand stuff is kinda lacking in variety. Check it out at www.trademe.co.nz if you can see any good deals for me around my price. i can't seem to find anything decent except that.

But they are a hell of alot better than the MG series and the Frontman series yea? Couldn't i play it through the clean channel with a distortion pedal for decent disortion?

thanks
by the way the amps complete name on the front is apparently "Marshall Valvestate atv 2000'

can it make a decent sound? My local guitar shop as a valvestate but not this type
i can't seem to find the review on the exact model atv 2000. could someone chcuk up a link or something? that'd be really helpful!

thanks guys
Last edited by Tster at Oct 20, 2008,
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Oct 20, 2008,