I just picked up an MXR 10 band off ebay and it came with the American cord instead of the Australian one. I need to find a cord for it now. Should I order an MXR one or will any old cord from an electronics store do?
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
You mean the power adapter, not the cord?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
do you mean the power adapter? cause any adapter with the right power ratings/polarity will work
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Yeah, power adaptor sorry. Cord is such a general term...

The American ones have differently shaped plug to us, so the actual thing won't even fit in my wall socket. It will either be to buy a convertor for it or another power adaptor all together.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
power adaptors are cheap buy a new one or find one floting around your house
Closest I could find was my laptop cord, which is 19v...

I will buy one tomorrow. Also, I have to leave him feedback, and I'm not sure whether I should give him neutral or positive. He might not have known that the cord was the wrong one since it was taped up in a different box to the pedal.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Don't get the 19v. It's rated at 18v. If you go maybe 1-2 volts under you'll be fine. But go anything over 18v and it's fried. You'll see smoke coming from it.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, unless the seller advertised it as having the Australian adapter, he hasn't done anything wrong.

Exactly. How the hell is he to know an Aussie would buy it, thats your problem for not asking questions. If he sent you what you bought and in a reasonable amount of time I don't see how you could give him a negative.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
what voltage is australia?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Get any 18V, negative inside positive outside plug and it will work fine.
Make sure it is rated for 240v though.
Quote by treagar
240v

ok, if so, don't use the USA plug with an adaptor, you'd need a transformer too. easier way to do it is to just pick up the 240v version of the plug.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?