Page 1 of 2
When my sister turns on her laptop, windows error recovery screen appears and it says

"Windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause"

"If Windows files have been damaged or configured incorrectly, Start up Repair can help diagnose and fix the problem. If power was interrupted during startup, Start Windows Normally."

"Launch startup repair (recommended)"

"Start Windows normally"

Now when my sister chooses startup repair, her screen goes black for a while and comes back with the same screen, when she starts windows normally, the Asus logo comes up and it goes back to the same screen again.

Can any of you help? She uses Vista and it's an Asus laptop, it's a TRO31J laptop.

Please help guys, this is urgent
1. Vista sux, it could crash for every reason known to man.
3. reinstall windows (or better get win98!)
4. reboot

2.get a technician to see the machine, that's what they're paid for
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
vistaowned
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Reinstall Windows, try to get an XP disc.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
This is important!

Take the laptop and beat it against the ground or alternatively google? I'm surprised at how many people make threads when google could give them the answers.

Also, more importantly, is your sister hot?
Quote by imdeth
This is important!

Take the laptop and beat it against the ground or alternatively google? I'm surprised at how many people make threads when google could give them the answers.

Also, more importantly, is your sister hot?

I've already checked google without any useful results, I searched google before coming here.
Quote by XianXiuHong
I've already checked google without any useful results, I searched google before coming here.

Ah, good. There is a computer thread in the pit
Quote by Dilpickle1
Now for some actual help, does your sister have a vista disk or maybe a XP disk?

No and she's all the way in University in Canberra and she called me asking for help and when I could find none on Google, I came here for help.
only way she can fix it is getting a vista or xp disk, preferably vista since thats what is on there, and booting from it and running repair.
Quote by Dilpickle1
only way she can fix it is getting a vista or xp disk, preferably vista since thats what is on there, and booting from it and running repair.

preferably anything else because Vista really is sh/tty
Mac, Linux, Win95, Win98, Win XP, even MS-DOS but not Vista!
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Dilpickle1

Ok thank you, are you sure there isn't any other way to save it?
Quote by XianXiuHong
Ok thank you, are you sure there isn't any other way to save it?

Not that i can think of off hand, but granted its almost 3 am and im getting tired.

Edit:
Quote by DirtyMakik

Vista is not shitty.
It doesn't matter if it's XP or Vista or OSX or Linux, sisters always suck at computers and will fuck it up.

All you idiots saying "vista sux" are computer illiterate nobs.

With that said, just format the bitch.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by DirtyMakik

vista is not shitty
i use vista and love it
i get more problems on my xp computer then anything else tbh
Dick+strings= owww
Quote by Xiaoxi
It doesn't matter if it's XP or Vista or OSX or Linux, sisters always suck at computers and will fuck it up.

All you idiots saying "vista sux" are computer illiterate nobs.

With that said, just format the bitch.

Counting my sister who is microsoft certified?

But yeah dude, cant format without a windows disk.

Quote by XianXiuHong
My sister says that she doesn't have a Vista CD on her because her laptop came pre-installed with Vista, she also says thank you so far but she needs you guys to be more helpful.

I figured, maybe she has recovery disks? and Inform her, that its very possible shes about to lose everything on the comp.
Quote by Dilpickle1
Counting my sister who is microsoft certified?

But yeah dude, cant format without a windows disk.

Of course I'm making sweeping generalizations, but come on. When it's not "me", it's always "my sister" when it comes to computer screw ups. That's what women get for attempting to operate complex machinery.

/sexist

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by XianXiuHong
My sister says that she doesn't have a Vista CD on her because her laptop came pre-installed with Vista, she also says thank you so far but she needs you guys to be more helpful.

Well she's at college right? There has to be computer proficient people who can directly help her. There's not much you can do over the phone telling her how to acquire a disc and go through format and set up.

Quote by Dilpickle1
lmao, my sister isnt actually microsoft certified. :p

I shoulda known better. You guys aren't Indian.

/racist

Man I feel offensive tonight.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
The computer should've come with a restore CD.

And Vista doesn't suck. People who blindly claim that Vista sucks because that's what they are fed from Apple's marketing department suck.
Quote by jimtaka

And Vista doesn't suck. People who blindly claim that Vista sucks because that's what they are fed from Apple's marketing department suck.

People here aren't even fed Apple's marketing. They just plain love to jump on bandwagons.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Dude can u boot into safe mode? If so do it, click start, run... type cmd.... at the command prompt type sfc /scannow...... try chkdsk /f also run any virus or anti spyware apps u have..... if you cant boot into safe mode ur gonna have to get ur hands on a vista CD..... boot from the cd and enter the repair console try the above mentioned stuffs.... if that fails then its reinstallin time! RAAAAhhhh! put it in ur sisters mouth!
PuTTing it StRAIGHt In YOUr MoUTH
Quote by CaptainRon
Vista is only shitty if you use it on one of those cheap laptops or an outdated computer.

Which makes the computer shitty, not the operating system. People don't say that PS3 games suck because you can't play them in an original PlayStation. When things get more advanced and require newer, better technology, it's often viewed as good

This comment isn't necessarily directed at your CaptainRon. Just making a general statement.
Quote by Xiaoxi
People here aren't even fed Apple's marketing. They just plain love to jump on bandwagons.

I don't like Vista, but I mostly just don't like the way it is. Like changing settings and stuff of that nature is just annoying cuz I have trouble finding what I want. But I guess if I used it all the time I'd get used to it. I've had so much hell trying to fix problems with mom's laptop.... but that's more likely to be because she know's nothing about computers. So mostly I just don't like the interface
Guys you should be trying to fix my problem here, not discussing whether or not Vista is shit.

Thanks <3
I just had the same problem.. It's Bootloop (sorryif its already been answered, i just want to help) it means theres usually corrupt files, from improper shutdowns, etc.
Happened to me 2 days ago. Took it to where it was bought (Comet) who have it now. I think I'll be losing everything on it

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
This happened to my laptop once.
This one, in fact. (that I'm using now)

Yeah, I musta hit it a biiiiit too hard one day and it just stopped working.
It'd go to that recovery screen, and then..
BSOD everytime I'd go any further.

What's better is that I had no recovery disk for it..
And the program loaded into this Acer wouldn't work at all.
So I had to send it back. (the harddrive was eff-to-the-ucked)

So yeah..
You'll prolly lose everything on the comp, sorry.

(This thing came back with a MORE dodgy keyboard and 2 broken USB ports..
Thanks Acer. YOU SUCK)
_________
________
_______
______
_____
____
___
__
_
Quote by DevoidElite
This happened to my laptop once.
This one, in fact. (that I'm using now)

Yeah, I musta hit it a biiiiit too hard one day and it just stopped working.
It'd go to that recovery screen, and then..
BSOD everytime I'd go any further.

What's better is that I had no recovery disk for it..
And the program loaded into this Acer wouldn't work at all.
So I had to send it back. (the harddrive was eff-to-the-ucked)

So yeah..
You'll prolly lose everything on the comp, sorry.

(This thing came back with a MORE dodgy keyboard and 2 broken USB ports..
Thanks Acer. YOU SUCK)

Oh damn, my sister isn't going to be too happy about that.

She had quite a few Uni assignments in there.
Quote by XianXiuHong
No and she's all the way in University in Canberra and she called me asking for help and when I could find none on Google, I came here for help.

Your problem...
Sorry for the REALLY late reply, But i took it down to the pc shop where i bought my pc from.. cost me a whole $55 to fix it, and i kept all my files. I don't know how they did it.. they wouldnt tell me D:<
If a laptop doesn't come with a recovery disc it will almost certainly have a recovery partition instead. The laptop manual should have instructions on how to use this, although I can't guarantee that she won't lose her data.
Page 1 of 2