I've been searching for some solo's that are somewhat simple, yet somewhat difficult, and sound REALLY nice. I've searched in songs I like but I listen to a lot of GnR and stuff like that, as well as led zeppelin. I can play the One solo if that gives you any starting point.

Any help is appreciated.

You'll have to forgive me if i'm posting in the wrong areas, not a forum person.
the solo for the rage against the machine song "Bombtrack" is really easy and is fun to play. It's really groove based, along with much of Tom Morello's stuff, provided you have a few effects.
Homemade Strat
ESP EC1000
ESP MH 400 w/ Original Floyd Rose
Epi Les Paul Custom
Line6 Flextone
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Furman Power Cond.
DOD rack EQ
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Boss FL2 Flanger
Line6 Tremelo
Line6 Echo Park
I have absolutely no pedals. [it kills me]

and stairway to heaven is not easy...unless you can copy and paste the parts that are I don't think you'll win this argument.
Quote by ChrisL120

and stairway to heaven is not easy...unless you can copy and paste the parts that are I don't think you'll win this argument.

"Bombtrack" doesn't require any pedals. Neither does the song "Freedom"

Both are great.
Homemade Strat
ESP EC1000
ESP MH 400 w/ Original Floyd Rose
Epi Les Paul Custom
Line6 Flextone
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
Furman Power Cond.
DOD rack EQ
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Boss FL2 Flanger
Line6 Tremelo
Line6 Echo Park
Quote by reservedforchoi
the solo for the rage against the machine song "Bombtrack" is really easy and is fun to play. It's really groove based, along with much of Tom Morello's stuff, provided you have a few effects.

but where's the fun in that then?

check out the really well known CR bands.

AC/DC, Aerosmith and the darkness all have solos pretty similar in style to gnr.

especially considering you have tapping chops (if "one" is anything to go by), "who made who" and "thunderstruck" by ACDC have some pretty good solo/tapping parts.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Oh sorry, I meant the intro the one that's after the main riff y'know?

not a tapper, i cant tap worth a crap.
Quote by ChrisL120
Oh sorry, I meant the intro the one that's after the main riff y'know?

not a tapper, i cant tap worth a crap.

so you don't mean the main One solo then.

but still, the majority of the bands i mentioned have similar, not-too-hard not-too-easy solos that should be fine.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Quote by ChrisL120
I had hopes for a second until he did that thing and i was like ":'( SAD FACE"

Muuuuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Well i've tried acdc solos and i can never play them up to speed OR i can never get the correct guitar tabs.

Aerosmith I've been looking into i can play the intro to dreamweaver and a little bit of the solo.

But thank you for the ideas.
Oh true. My bad.

Music i'm into:

Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix Experience, Metallica, Megadeth, Foreigner, Boston, Queen, A7X, ACDC, Aerosmith, Little bit of journey, Muse, weezer, Audio Slave, Black Sabbath, Eric Johnson, Guns n' Roses, Velvet Revolver, Lynard Skynard, Rammstein, The Rolling stones, System of a down, and Van halen.
Have u tried the intro solo from Fade to Black or Sanitarium from Metallica
or are they too hard.
I haven't tried them. I played the intro to fade to black and i kinda just stopped.

Sanitarium I haven't touched yet.
Quote by ChrisL120

stairway is insanely easy

the hole song is easy
the solo- for being a classic
isn't hard at all
unless you are looking for a solo that is so stupid easy you just need to read it to be able to play it, Stairway is easy

practice is good to but
you can master stairway easily