hey i was really keen on starting a build of my own.
so these are my thoughts, and please tell me what you think.

okay so i wanted to build a guitar based a the shape and size of a guitar hero controller mainly to mess around on take to school and junk.
and cause i believe buckethead has a rad les paul i wanted to base it on that and keep it simple.
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

myspace.com/dinosaur_sandwich
Ummm, the big BH himself uses white Les Paul Customs, or Jackson King V Customs (his have much larger bodies). I've never seen him play a red guitar...

As for your guitar idea, there's no real reason why the body cant be the same width/height, but your scale length has to be bang on, unless you make a kiddies scale guitar(crap of the world...). if you want a travel guitar, there are some ok ones out on the markes, some with built in (WHY?????) amplifiers.

Might work, just do the maths right and be weary of the angled neck.
I can do no wrong, for I do not know what wrong is.

The Gear:
Squire 50th Stratocaster (Pimped Out)
Gibson SG Standard
Tuxedo Telecaster Terror (Own Build)
Nameless Les paul
Marshall MGFX 100 Combo
no i meant 'rad' not red.
and his les paul is sweet i just wanted my own to take around with me.
thanks for the input and i thought about the scale and could be tricky.
This next band asked me to read this 'Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and Molly Hatchet all had sex and now please welcome their two-headed baby 'Tenacious D '

Woops...mis-read lols..it was a long night

yeah, a mini-Les Paul would be awsome (if out of proportion). if you make it a bolt on neck then its not too hard. I say go for it, and send pics
I can do no wrong, for I do not know what wrong is.

The Gear:
Squire 50th Stratocaster (Pimped Out)
Gibson SG Standard
Tuxedo Telecaster Terror (Own Build)
Nameless Les paul
Marshall MGFX 100 Combo
yeah whenever i play guitar hero im like this is a fun size.
so yeah i will.
bucketheads sick too thought id add that