Last month, I bought one of the new Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH guitars. It was so new, that the Fender site didn't have any schematics, diagrams, or details specs.

I wrote to Fender last week asking for any info they might have, and they sent me a PDF file of what appears to be some shop diagrams. Unfortunately, the PDF file is too large to upload (350K), so I am posting some screen dumps instead.

Here's the switching diagram. This is one area where there Classic Player Jag HH totally breaks with tradition. I'll post a wiring schematic and a parts diagram screen dump separately below.

Enjoy!

Classic Player Jaguar Special HH Switching Diagram:

"In Power Trios I Trust..."
Gibson SG Classic, Fender CP Jaguar Special HH, '65 RI Mustang
'65 Ampeg Gemini I G-12 Combo, Orange Tiny Terror
Last edited by Armchair Bronco at Oct 16, 2008,
Classic Player Jaguar Special HH Wiring Diagram:

Classic Player Jaguar Special HH Parts Diagram:

Some of the text in this image is hard to read, so I've summarized a few of the key electronic components below:

Neck Pup: "Pickup Assy Enforcer Mid A. Wht Neck"
Bridge Pup: "Pickup Assy Enforcer A. Wht Wide Brdg"
Kill Switch: "Switch Slide SS 50 DP DT"
Coil Splitter Pot 12b: "Control Minipot 1MEG Linear W/ Nut"
Coil Splitter Pot 12c: "Control Minipot 50K Linear W/ Nut"
Capicator 13c: "Cap DC .003uF 20% 3/8""
Capicator 14e: "Cap CD .01uF 600V 10% 1/2" DIA"
Tone?/Volume? Pot 14f: "Control 1 MEG 10% Audio Metal"

hi im about to start work on building a HH jaguar the only problem is i cant seem to find the roller pots anywhere, can anybody tell me where i could get these from or if i could get a full kit with all the electrics in?
Wanna know what gear i have? check my profile
Black Beauty Owners Group
Muddy Waters invented electricity

Paul Kossoff = Genius
Quote by gangsta_rick
hi im about to start work on building a HH jaguar the only problem is i cant seem to find the roller pots anywhere, can anybody tell me where i could get these from or if i could get a full kit with all the electrics in?

I don't think you're going to find a kit anywhere but they're just solid shaft mini-pots. You can get the roller knobs for them from Allparts UK.

Quote by Spunkinator3000
So are the roller switches being used for coil tapping? Is that what it's doing?

Yeah, it basically just gradually filters out one coil. It's funky because you should in theory be able to get a fairly single coil style sound thats still hum cancelling.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
Quote by Baconfish
It's funky because you should in theory be able to get a fairly single coil style sound thats still hum cancelling.
Doesn't work like that. So long as there are two coils active - even if one is very faint - you'll still get a humbucker sound. Depending on the pickup, you can sometimes get a slightly brighter humbucker tone in the mid-postion, but even then it's not much of a change. All of those 'roller split' systems are basically pointless. Taking out one coil of a humbucker gives a P-90-like tone, having both coils on at full strength gives you the full humbucker tone and reducing the influence of one of the coils will, at best, give you a stacked P-90 tone (which still sounds almost exactly like any regular humbucker).

Wiring a humbucker with the coils parallel rather than in series will give you virtually the same tone as if the humbucker was split, but it wil remain hum-cancelling. So, a series/parallel switch is really rather more useful than the more common split feature found on so many guitars.

That said, look at the date this thread was made.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Oh dangit, how in the name of christ did I miss that?
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.