I'm going to either buy a rondo board or make my own. I was wondering roughly how big it needs to be for these pedals:

Ibanez Weeping Demon
MXR SmartGate
Digitech Bad Monkey
MXR Phase 90
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
MXR 10 Band EQ
Korg Pitch Black Tuner
Peavey Valveking Footswitch
Power Supply

I'm also wondering is there a real difference in sound quality between daisy chaining or using a real power supply like a voodoo labs or dunlop power brick.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Is it that hard to get out a tape measure, measure the width of your pedals, and either punch a few numbers into a calculator or jot them down on a piece of scratch paper!?

And don't buy, build! It will save you a tone of money, you can build the pedal board to your exact specifications, and its a lot of fun to do!
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Is it that hard to get out a tape measure, measure the width of your pedals, and either punch a few numbers into a calculator or jot them down on a piece of scratch paper!?

And don't buy, build! It will save you a tone of money, you can build the pedal board to your exact specifications, and its a lot of fun to do!

Yea it is kind of, considering i only have 3 of those pedals so far.

I'm getting the pedal board for christmas, buying myself a couple pedals then, and getting the rest as my budget allows.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Last edited by Necrophagist777 at Oct 16, 2008,
Quote by Necrophagist777
Yea it is kind of, considering i only have 3 of those pedals so far.

I'm getting the pedal board for christmas, buying myself a couple pedals then, and getting the rest as my budget allows.

well that seems like a dumb idea to me... Why not wait until you have your rig completed and then build or buy a board? that way if you change your mind about anything you're not screwed
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by cerveza
well that seems like a dumb idea to me... Why not wait until you have your rig completed and then build or buy a board? that way if you change your mind about anything you're not screwed

well i hate having to carry all the wall warts and patch cables and hook up everything over and over again. it gets really annoying. and i hate having the pedals everywhere and tripping over them.

personally i love buying gear, so i don't think my rig is ever gonna be fully complete. But for a while i will be happy with those pedals.

and im pretty sure about what i want. i may get a different model of those (HIGHLY DOUBT IT), but i'm still getting the same amount of pedals. i want a board to be big enough for those, because i'm getting those for sure, but my rig will grow over time.

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm going to either buy a rondo board or make my own. I was wondering roughly how big it needs to be for these pedals:

Ibanez Weeping Demon
MXR SmartGate
Digitech Bad Monkey
MXR Phase 90
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
MXR 10 Band EQ
Korg Pitch Black Tuner
Peavey Valveking Footswitch
Power Supply

I'm also wondering is there a real difference in sound quality between daisy chaining or using a real power supply like a voodoo labs or dunlop power brick.

The voodoo labs pedal power 2 + will be the best thing you have ever bought, daisy chains and other cheap DC bricks share a common ground, meaning there is lots of buzz. The PP2+ has ISOLATED outputs, it gets rid of 99.9% of the hum from your rig.
Well if you don't have the pedals right now then don't rush the pedalboard issue.

Instead of getting the pedalboard for Christmas, ask for some of the pedals that you want. Figure out how much space you need and build your own (assuming you are able to operate the appropriate power tools required to build a pedalboard).

It's all personal opinion, but I say that a self built pedal board is better than a factory produced pedalboard.
1 thing that i use owns. U get a piece of carpet or a carpet tile. and stick velcro to bottom of the pedals. U can always buy a bigger carpettile and can easily take the pedals and stick em on or off. I recommend u do this until ur rig is more or less complete. then go for a more rigid pedalboard.

Something like this is what i use:

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Oct 16, 2008,
Its a few pieces of wood and some carpeting vs a CUSTOM MADE HIGH QUALITY SUPER HIGH TENSILE STEEL PLATE OF BALLS!

Yeah, don't buy it, its like what... 20 bucks to build one?