hey UG,
i recently lowed my Texas specials on my strat and love the natural tone that I'm getting.. but how can i really test the volume difference between the treble and bass string. at the moment I have about 1mm higher on the treble side than the bass. On Fenders factory setup they have 1.2mm higher on the treble side.. Would 1mm difference be close enough to 1.2mm
Believe it or not, it does make a difference with the pickup heights, even with the height you have it at now, compared to factory.

I have a strat with the texas specials in them as well, I set up to to factory and it sounds awesome, as you would expect when you pay that much for it!

The best way to test the difference in the treble and bass is the give it some good mid on your rig, about 4 or 5 bass on the CLEAN channel with a fair bit of volume, because you won't notice it much down low on any channel.

cheers
Quote by striker327
hey UG,
i recently lowed my Texas specials on my strat and love the natural tone that I'm getting.. but how can i really test the volume difference between the treble and bass string. at the moment I have about 1mm higher on the treble side than the bass. On Fenders factory setup they have 1.2mm higher on the treble side.. Would 1mm difference be close enough to 1.2mm

You test it with your ears, simple as...just listen.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by motley.rockstar
Believe it or not, it does make a difference with the pickup heights, even with the height you have it at now, compared to factory.

I have a strat with the texas specials in them as well, I set up to to factory and it sounds awesome, as you would expect when you pay that much for it!

The best way to test the difference in the treble and bass is the give it some good mid on your rig, about 4 or 5 bass on the CLEAN channel with a fair bit of volume, because you won't notice it much down low on any channel.

cheers

thanx for the replies..... lol would it really be that much different because its only .2 of a mm diff
It doesn't matter about the height - it's how it sounds to you. Everyone has different ideas about what sound they want, just adjust them until the sound balance is right to your ears.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
new strings will improve your tone.

and dont get hung up on what the book says.

like said, just put it where you want it. if it sounds good and plays right, then you're done.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
yeh thanx... thing is I have actually found my own sweet spot of distance away from the strings. I'm just trying to find the right distance between treble and bass... At the moment I have 5mm on bass side and 4mm on treble which is 1mm between each and what fender's factory setup recommends is 1.2mm (3.6mm on bass and 2.4mm on treble) between the bass and treble
Last edited by striker327 at Oct 16, 2008,
we've had a lot of threads right striker?

if you trust me by now, believe me when i say, throw the book out the window.
if it sounds good a little more tilted then tilt it.

also, just to add. is that even suggested heights for texas specials?
if it's for standard pups, they are voiced in a completely different way anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 16, 2008,
nah thats the suggested heights for Texas specials.. which if you ask me is way to close lol..

PS: yeh lol we have a few threads.. oh, and I trust you more than most other people lol..

Thanx for your help jenny