Hi everyone.
I have a covers band, and we play all kind of music.

We don't have much money to buy material so I have my microphone shure PG58 connected to my combo Line6 SpiderIII 30w.

Is this so wrong? I mean... Do I have possibilities to damage my line6 combo? Or there's no problem about doing that?

Thanks
Do you mean that you are pushing vocals through the amp or just mic'ing your guitar sound? I wouldn't recommend using it as a vocal amplifier.....that would probably sound like crap anyway. Not sure if it would actually damage the amp or not.

Check my profile for a new video and pics!
Yes. I'm pushing vocals through the amp...
I know it sounds like crap but it's just temporary until we get decent material.
Yeah dude, the guitar amp is designed for guitar pickups which captures vibrations from a string.

A vocal mic's range is much more dynamic and you will get feedback and all sort of bad signals that will damage your amp.

You may be able to get away with it in a low volume, but save yourself the trouble and save your band from ear damage caused by feedback
^ and save yourself from having to buy a new amp in 6 months

theres LOT of reasons it will damage your amp. don't do it unless you just want an excuse to buy a new amp.

Quote by jbalreira
Yes. I'm pushing vocals through the amp...
I know it sounds like crap but it's just temporary until we get decent material.

buy a used low watt keyboard or bass amp. they handle ranges much closer to the human voice and a used bass amp can end up pretty cheap ($100 at a pawn shop) and generally they have more than enough wattage to push vox. if you buy a crappy bass amp for $100 and it craps out in a year or 2 hopefully you'll have enough $$$ saved by then to buy an actual PA system.