This thread isnt about getting flamed for wanting to tattoo myself or anything, or about diseases or shit like that, I just need some help.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=faHab5KFCXg
I am watching that video about making a homemade tattoo gun, but his motor goes up and down, and mine goes around.
Can anyone think of anything i can do to manipulate the motor to going up and down, or any logical ideas about how I can add something to make it go up and down. Hope i explained well enough
Quote by Jacksonsoad
This thread isnt about getting flamed for wanting to tattoo myself or anything, or about diseases or shit like that, I just need some help.
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=faHab5KFCXg
I am watching that video about making a homemade tattoo gun, but his motor goes up and down, and mine goes around.
Can anyone think of anything i can do to manipulate the motor to going up and down, or any logical ideas about how I can add something to make it go up and down. Hope i explained well enough

Buy a different motor?

You cant make it go back and forwards. Unless you could machine a casing for it and use a bunch of gears its impossible and even then its going to be more expensive than if you just bought the right freakin motor.
Quote by zxxAACxxz
You need a different type of motor.

Yeah, thats what I thought. Was just making sure that I couldnt before I buy another one.
Quote by Final !mpact
Buy a different motor?

You cant make it go back and forwards. Unless you could machine a casing for it and use a bunch of gears its impossible and even then its going to be more expensive than if you just bought the right freakin motor.

I didnt buy this motor anyway, I found it around the house
Quote by Jacksonsoad
I didnt buy this motor anyway, I found it around the house

Radio shack might have one or any other electronics store.

Watched the video. Just go out and buy a few electric tooth brushes.
Last edited by Final !mpact at Oct 16, 2008,
Homemade tatoos, that has to be the dumbest thing i have ever heard. You are going to be stuck with it for your whole life so why not pay to have it professionally done, It would probably be cheaper than trying to make your own machine anyway, not to mention safer and more effective.
Quote by mickmos
Homemade tatoos, that has to be the dumbest thing i have ever heard. You are going to be stuck with it for your whole life so why not pay to have it professionally done, It would probably be cheaper than trying to make your own machine anyway, not to mention safer and more effective.

And guitar strings are SOOO sterile too. :p
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
if you get a homemade tattoo with cheap ink DON'T get an MRI scan. it will rip the impure particles out of your skin
Quote by mickmos

AND what if you seriously mess it up? Honestly, I've never heard of anything worse than trying to give yourself a tattoo, without even using a proper tattoo gun either!
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
the clip does clearly state that it is not smart to use it on yourself
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

haha go pay for a tattoo and tell your friends the same, tattooing yourself or your friends is the dumbest ides ever, even if you can draw, tattooing is an art that takes years to perfect. Tattoo to deep it will be shit, dont tattoo deep enough it will be shit. pretty much try and tattoo anyone without any training its going to be shit.

Even if you get training the first thing you will be told is "Buy a reall tattoo gun".

Thinking you can tattoo well with a homemade gun with no experience is like thinking you can do surgery cause you can cut your steak well....ie stupid.

But to answer the question you have the wrong motor, you need a completely different action.

You could always take the jail approach and buy a sharpie and a compass
I have a really good homemade tattoo story...

One of my best mates, Martin(he's about 20), had "Poison Heart" the song by The Ramones tattooed over his heart with a hommade gun the day before The Smashing Pumpkins played V-Fest here in Perth.

So, by the time The Pumpkins come on, he's spent the the whole day with his hand over his heart while in the mosh.

Anyway, they come on stage, he's front row, I'm next to him, and the Pumpkins play a most excellent set.

Martin spends the whole set with his hand over his heart, protecting the tattoo.

At the end of their set, Billy Corgan is going up and down the stage singling out people in the front few rows and applauding them.

He points directly at Martin, puts his hand over his heart and bows and applauds him.

And I'm all like :eek, and we laughed about it so hard.

It was freaking awesome.

Anyway, now the tattoo still looks alright albeit, faded. My advice is to just go to a tattoo parlour and get it down properly.
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/westaussie/

Quote by StratPat

Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Last edited by emery01 at Oct 16, 2008,
I'd go to a professional.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
My uncle made one out of a tape player, all he did was short it so it kept going rewind, fast forward, over and over. I'm not sure exactly how he did it, I'd ask him but he's dead.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Tattoo guns are pretty cheap, like $30 bucks or something. But you should go to professional anyway. You don't know what the **** you're doing, it's gonna look like shit, it's gonna be blurry and trust me, you gonna **** up your body.

I had a friend that made one out of electric toothbrush, he ****ed up both of he's arms and couple of hes friends. He had to go to real artist to cover everything up. Just wait, save some money, figure out what you really want, and go to professional.

Even my artist ****ed up my tattoo a little, because he can't do straight lines and he's a professional
Last edited by ToweringFlesh at Oct 16, 2008,